About My Crashed 205 and the new one in mind

cam85

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Ok.

So my car has been assesed by my dads friend who is an insurance assessor(spelling) and he reckons it will be a write off. There were a few people interseted in buying the car maby as a wreck and fixing it from there. Sorry guys i dont think it would be feesable. Would cost a bit to straighten her. :cry: .Also i will try and let you guys know where it goes auction wise so you can get bits off it you need. I still may buy the whole car back for the wrecker depending on the price. BUT if it does go to a wrecker i will be taking the shocks springs and the alternator and proberbly the exhaust off.(i had the alternator reconed the day i crashed. was actually taking it for a spin to charge the battery up and the crashed) plus the wheels. But as i said i dont really know what is happening with the car until tomorrow. But ill keep you all posted
ALSO
I am looking at another 205 it was for sale in the tradingpost about 2 weeks ago the was in there for 4500 with a professionally worked motor. Sooo i went a had a look and its an 89 model (late spec dash but early lights) white and has had fresh paint (not cause it was in a crash) and different wheels. They are 15in look kinda like the speed lines but not so many holes. OK i spose. But the best thing (i thought) was the motor. Apparently(not confirmed yet) it has 124hp atw.He had a dyno read out, dont know if its true but. Anyway whats been doen to the motor: MI16 pistons higher cr. Forged rods Bigger inlet valves ported and flowed head, bigger cam, balenced bottom end, "cold" (not so sure) air induction, extractors and 2.5in exhaust. It also has a heavy duty clutch and ebc cross drilled and slotted disce and pads. I drove the car only for a short time and hell it went quick. Any way the reason im posting this is who of you out there have heard of these mods to the enging and what HP gain is it realistically going to be, The car also had White Yes white leather seats RANK RANK RANK. And it had and electric sunroof. Not a pussy little one. Pretty much the same as the normal 205 sunni but it just goes into the roof and is electric.

So what do you guys reckon.
Cheers in advance
damn i love this fourm. We should all go out for a :adrink: sometime.

Sounds like a sweet car, Cam.

When you buy it, we'll have to come out your way to see it, as well as a few bevvies.

why is he selling the car ?

to me that sounds a little underpriced for the amount of work he has put into it

standard cars of that era seem to around that price but you would think with the extras in it he would be after a bit more for it :confused:

pugrambo said:
why is he selling the car ?

to me that sounds a little underpriced for the amount of work he has put into it

standard cars of that era seem to around that price but you would think with the extras in it he would be after a bit more for it :confused:

It's way underpriced. I had a look at it for JR. I think from memory it had a $7.5K receipt from Northshore Auto for the engine work. The story goes that the previous owner paid for all the work but never returned for the 1000k service. I did a compression test and all cylinders were between 210 and 220psi! Very good for a 205 with non-std. cam.