A 807's Distributor

Bernie

Tadpole
HI:
The distributor I have (and 807) had electronic fuel injection.
I now have an intake manifold for two 40 Webers.
My question is how to hook up this distributor to a non fuel injection ignition system?
My guess is do nothing with "A" and run a wire from "B" to my coil.
The distributor model number is listed on the pic.
Where/who(ebay?) can I buy a tune up kit(cap,rotor etc)?
Any better or further ideas.
Thanks

Attachments

• 0 231 163 024.JPG
    0 231 163 024.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 97
Hi Bernie

That distributor that you have is worth money to right people. You may consider selling it and getting an ordinary distributor.

To answer your question:

The contacts at arrow "A" are for the fuel injection system to tell the injectors when to pulse and are not needed with twin Weber DCOE setup.

Arrow "B" is where you want to connect to the minus side of the ignition coil just like you would in any other car.

I have it in the back of my mind that points are hard to find for this dizzy. Think they operate back to front to normal Bosch points. May be wrong, so long ago. Suggest you get a normal Bosch from R16 or similar in any case.

Those dizzies are rare, I was thinking I could do with a spare.....
Agree, find a stock R16 or 15/17TL and sell me the injection one!
And they are a vacuum retard, that is intended to be controlled partially by the ECU.

Reactions: COL
The curve of a R16 dizzy would be wrong for both 17TL and 17TS/G.

Otherwise yes, they work.

Just in case.

I have had both 17TL and 17G dizzies side by side (still have them here) and I can't tell any difference apart from the extra FI stuff on the 17G dizzy. Otherwise, caps, rotors, etc. look to me perfectly interchangeable.

I have had both 17TL and 17G dizzies side by side (still have them here) and I can't tell any difference apart from the extra FI stuff on the 17G dizzy. Otherwise, caps, rotors, etc. look to me perfectly interchangeable.
The mechanical curve and vacuum advance curve numbers would be different, which is what counts.

The Dizzy used in the 12 G, A110 1600s.and A310 1600/4 VE had a centrifical advance not vacuum advance

Yes, you can see the numbers but unless you know what they mean it is irrelevant.

My point was that the consumables are interchangeable.
But not the points. not the ones off my 17 TS any how.

Reactions: COL