90% sure of getting a C2

sniper

Tadpole
Hello, I'm new to this forum.

Got a quote of $23,900 drive away for a new C2.
Is that a good deal?

Metallic paint included. BTW does anyone know what colours metallic paint comes in for the C2?

Am I getting a good car? Any advice are welcome.

Cheers

C2 stuff

Hello Sniper - I have had my c2 for over a year now...with nearly 27000 km on it - and quite simply, it is a GREAT car.

I suggest that you use the SEARCH functionality on the toolbar, and key in c2 - and watch how many hits you get on this site...

Welcome to AF! :headbang:

Cheers

Thanks for the advice Tony,

What colour is your C2?
How much in total did you pay for it?

sniper said:

Is that a good deal?

Metallic paint included. BTW does anyone know what colours metallic paint comes in for the C2?

Cheers

Mcarrolls citroen quoted me a on the spot price of $23,500 driveaway....so if u sit down and talk dirty u might even be able to shave a few hundred off that...

How long ago did you get that quote? Was metallic paint included in the price?

I got the quote from a car broker. I was under the impression that they would be able to get me a "fleet discount".

Guess I'm wrong then....

sniper said:
How long ago did you get that quote? Was metallic paint included in the price?

I got the quote from a car broker. I was under the impression that they would be able to get me a "fleet discount".

Guess I'm wrong then....

quotes were done last week
the thing is all my prices were quotes of stock already in Australia so if u want a early 05 build RED C2 for cheap then go down to mcarrols....dunno if they have sold it yet though..

sniper said:

Is that a good deal?

Cheers
I picked up my C2 a couple of months ago. It's great! The biggest question is that Sensodrive. I've got used to it (and quite like it) and it's doing it's job of saving my left leg while still having the option of a "real" manual. If you're a manual purist it may not be for you. Otherwise it's a great design and is one of those products which are a pleasure to use.

Mine is a demonstrator btw (900km's) which saved us a little bit and they agreed to throw in factory mats (which don't last long btw - my left heel has already started scuffing the surface) and the Blaupunkt in-dash 5-stacker - so there's a precedent for you. Every dealer we saw had a demo C2 so there were plenty about.

Good Luck!

sniper said:
Hi BlackC2,

How much did you pay for your demo?

Cheers

It's hard to say when the trade-in variations are taken into account. Let's call it about two grand off new price (plus the "free" extras I mentioned). I didn't haggle as much as I should have, I'd suggest someone more on the ball that day could've done better. I bought at Rick Damelian and they valued my trade-in about $1500 better than the next best dealer and about $3000 better than most. (Salesman was good; finance person a bit odd.:rolleyes: )

BTW I meant the whole car was a good design - pleasure to use, etc - not the Sensodrive - it's just OK.

sniper said:
9.9999% maybe getting a 206GTI
0.0001% chance of winning the lottery & getting a 911 turbo

LOL
A 138 is a lot more car than a C2 VTR. I've heard you can get a 138 for about $25k new (Sydney?), which is about $3k below cost.

hi,

I picked up a C2 about a week and a half ago now. Its a fun little thing to drive. Got it in red, which appealed to me since i saw it in the flesh, i dont normally like red in most cars. I was looking at silver initially, but decided it was a bit plain. The sensodrive takes a little getting used to, but i think its a good system, im a bit of a manual purist myself, but driving around the city with sensodrive saves my left leg. Its a little jumpy at times, but so is a manual! So i think theres no comprimise, the sensodrive gives you the best of both worlds in a way.
I was looking at the 206 gti also, but in the end, i personally like less common cars, and that shape, whilst not looking dated, is being superseded soon. I prefer to get into a newer model car.

Blue is nice in the metallics, that was probably my next choice after red. Silver is equally nice.

Mine was new, and about 24k on road.

BalleR said:
hi,

I picked up a C2 about a week and a half ago now. Its a fun little thing to drive. Got it in red, which appealed to me since i saw it in the flesh, i dont normally like red in most cars. I was looking at silver initially, but decided it was a bit plain. The sensodrive takes a little getting used to, but i think its a good system, im a bit of a manual purist myself, but driving around the city with sensodrive saves my left leg. Its a little jumpy at times, but so is a manual! So i think theres no comprimise, the sensodrive gives you the best of both worlds in a way.
I was looking at the 206 gti also, but in the end, i personally like less common cars, and that shape, whilst not looking dated, is being superseded soon. I prefer to get into a newer model car.

Good on ya! I'd agree with all that.

The good news with the Sensodrive is that it settles down a bit over those first few weeks of ownership. A combination of the whole engine/drivetrain bedding in and what I assume is an adaptive shift pattern (anyone know?) improve the whole feel of the thing. It's all good from where you are!:banana: