807-11 full flow remote oil filter & oil cooler

RINGER

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Well I decided seeing all the hosing rubber indicates early 1990's it was time to change out.
There have been a number of issues with things not done properly on this car so rather than just replace all hosing as it was.
1. Oil from engine where full flow oil filter is normally mounted is plated off with centre hole securing this plate to the crankcase & another hole is in the periphery of this plate. Hoses go from both these locations.
2. There is a remotely mounted oil filter
3. also there an oil cooler
There were 3 Ryco barbed hoses removed for replacement, so before I start cutting to length & securing fittings could someone help with a schematic of where these 3 hose should interconnect with some basic explanation please.
Many thanks,
John

Without seeing the adapter plate it is difficult to confirm exactly how they have designed it. The oil flow from the standard 807 block fitting for an oil filter is oil from the engine under pressure enters the outside holes of the filter, just inside the O ring. It then returns filtered oil from the big single hole in the centre of the cartridge. The aftermarket adapter plate which replaces the standard oil filter will have an outlet maybe two but that's very rare. I usually prefer to send oil from the adapter plate outlet into the oil cooler first then the remote filter, the housing for the remote filter should have in and out arrows. Cool filtered oil then goes to back to the engine. That would be the large centre hole in the plate which replicates the big centre hole in a filter.
Try to keep the oil lines fairly short, event with a larger 31mm high volume oil pump drive if you are running one.
Hope that helps.

That does help & confirms what I did earlier before the reply & many thanks ~ OK this is what I did this morning ~ We know the centre hole of the plate or filter is always return.
On the filter blanking plate the periphery hole, which is oil to be filtered goes straight to the oil cooler [no thermostat on this one].
From the oil cooler to filter mount 'IN' then filter mount 'OUT' to centre hole in the blanking plate. All's good.

To those watching does this 807-11 engine's tappet cover [now painted red], neoprene seal have sealant applied? If so what is best recommendation please? JG.

To those watching does this 807-11 engine's tappet cover [now painted red], neoprene seal have sealant applied? If so what is best recommendation please? JG.
All I do is use a little sealant to hold the gasket in the rocker cover and apply a little oil to the surface that touches the head. This way the rocker cover will come off cleanly to adjust the tappets and can be put back on using the same gasket. I have never had a leak doing this.

Don't do the screw nuts up to tight other wise you will distort the rocker cover

I also use a little sealant in the rocker cover, just to hold the gasket in place, Hylomar seems OK. I don't use anything on the head side so the rocker cover so it is easy to lift off when necessary. Leaks are never an issue with the neoprene gaskets, unlike the old cork ones used on some of the alloy covers, they tend to leak without sealants, even with sealants the cork still try to weep.

Last edited:
Reactions: COL