6hr at Philip Island

Bowie

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Coming up end of the month :)

We have had a couple cancel due to work and we have 2 x spots open.

Anyone wanna come play?

Philip island, is good, is very very good.
Fun weekend talking crap with kids who like things with wheels, will be fun.

Pm and I’ll put you in contact with the team manager. Accom available also.

29-30th July

I mean, are you gonna let a v6 commodore have more fun than you in your sports car? :p

Come play :D

They only managed to sort 26 teams this year so track density will be pretty good, ie. under 25 cars the entire time.

Noice.

Remind you all how fun this place is;

This was when it was still auto, without the 3.7 LSD and on RE003's . Think of the fun you can have in a proper car :D

Hey how’d it go Bowie ? I see on natsoft you cracked 2mins. Something I haven’t done yet. What’s different to the vy now than last year?

Ah you are missing all the fun over here;

I desperately wanted to go quicker then 2m, ah sooo close!
And a bit had changed since last time, brakes and suspension the same, but now with the Manual Box; LSD; Semi Slicks.

Honestly the slicks would have made the biggest difference, the manual gear changer and LSD certainly helped (and made it ball exiting lower speed corners)

Speaking of such, that climb over Lukey heights and that right hander at the bottom, OMG the best thing ever :D I had a moment there actually which had the bad sportsmanship flag waved at me;

Such a great feeling where it gets light approaching the crest, I reckon there's a mad power slide involved there with another 10+ years of skill under my belt :p

LSD and semi-slicks certainly do transform your car, especially with the sweepers and existing corners at PI.

I'd like to give the 6 hr a go next year - looks like a lot of fun, especially if rain is kept away!

Great videos!

It's truly a great atmosphere, lots of laughs, the only pressure felt is the one you manifest for yourself, everyone in the paddock is friendly, can recommend!

The group I'm involved with could easily involve a few other drivers, or; you just need 4 mates and you have a team sorted. :)

-R8 Dream
-BP505
-??
-??

:)

I complete in Regularity with the MSCA and done PI a few times, but the enduro would be great.
I'll see were I'm at next year and might put out for a team possibly even involving my club (RCCV).
Cheers

It would greatly benefit from more frenchies :)

Barnaby agrees
Screenshot 2023-08-02 205611.png