68 404 sedan for sale

MathewPJ

Fellow Frogger
I have a white 68/69 Pug 404 4spd manual sedan I want to sell.
It has brown leather seats I believe the imported model .
Front disc and rear drum brakes.
81150 miles on clock.
Drives well
Body in very good condition with very minor rust.
2 small rust spots on rear window
One of the best 404's I have seen in Adelaide
2nd owner , have all service books and history since new .
Can supply photos
Need to sell ASAP and want it to go to a good home.
Rego has expired last month
Can contact me on 83583060 (leave msg) if wanting to inspect or matt_j@bigpond.net.au
$1200 ONO all offers welcome
Car is in Seacliff Park South Australia

Matt Johnston

UPDATE !!!
I have just made a quick web page with photos of my 404 that is for sale
Go here to see the car

<a href="http://users.bigpond.net.au/matt/" target="_blank">http://users.bigpond.net.au/matt/</a>

Regards,

Matt J

Attention 404 experts: the rust around the rear window appears to have eaten into the seam. Is there a welded seam there? Is it a difficult job to repair? Is it an expensive job?

Cheers

Bob

pugrambo:
is this the same car that was up for sale last year some time ?
i tend to remember the blue bits in the engine bay
Yeah....it looks an like the same one....

gee, i was pretty sure it would have sold by now...

It seems to be in good condition (cept for the coolant you can see in the drivers footwell, from leaking heater hoses/core?).....a steal at $1200
________
Latina Cams

Last edited:
OK firstly thats not coolant but a bucket of suds I spilt when washing the car
and secondly yes its the same car that was advertised last year.
I never had anyone come to look at it.

You cant really judge the car untill you see it and drive it.
There is no leaky coolant hoses , I have been very honest in trying to describe the car and the minor rust problems.
Please do not bag the car if you havnt seen it in person

Cheers ,
Matt

I wasnt refering to you Ray , I was reffering to the member who suggested my coolant/heater hoses were leaking coolant

erm...I wouldn't consider that "bagging", especially in the context of saying it looked to be in "good condition" and a "steal" at that price.

Water that high in the footwell would seem to be an unusual place to spill water, perhaps I voiced what others may have been thinking and this has given you an opportunity to clarify?......

anyway, i'm more that happy to be wrong....the car looks like it's in great condition for the money :)

Sorry, if you have somehow taken offence "MathewPJ", it was not my intention.
________
Wiki vaporizer

Last edited:
I've done some ringing around to get a price to transport this 404 from Adelaide to Maitland NSW and the quotes range from $609 (TNT) to $780 :( . I'd love to get hold of this car and restore/register it and kick my froggy collection off once again. Can anyone offer me a better deal than the above lowest price?

Cheers Bob

Yeah,maybe! If Adelaide was as close to Maitland as Harden is to Murrumburrah, I'd be over like a flash!! :D

Bob

Ray Bell:
Still no reply on a terms deal?
On a $1,200 car I would think 100% deposit, no interest, no further repayments, would be have been appropriate :)