604 pipes

Pug_405_Mi16

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
All,

Have been working on the 604 again *still*, have bolted the air cleaner back on *standard solex BIG thing* and put the breather pipe back onto the oil filler, but noticed there seems to be a pipe *much smaller*
This has been missing since I got the car, anyone knows where it comes from ? or goes ?

Cheers

Ben

<small>[ 05 September 2002, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Pug_405_Mi16 ]</small>

on the oil filler cap there are two hoses
one bigger than the other
one goes the rear of the intake manifold on the rear right
the other goes to the air cleaner as per normal PCB
hope this helps you

Cheers Sean !

Thats now the least of my worries....power steering SHIT it self this morning...fluid all over the place !

Damn 604's are HEAVY to steer with dead power steering :)at least I have another good pump here in the shed....the guy who had the car before ran the steering with no fluid *or very litte for a while, and has cooked the seal in the pump *grrrrrr*

WOO HOO

Ben

the steering is heavey due to that you are trying to move the cylinder to and fro and trying to force fluid through orifices which in turn causes back pressure
if you want a 604 without power steering it is pretty easy to do and they are not that heavy with normal steering
bit like a 504 with 20lb air pressure in the tyres
most people prefer to keep their power steering in their 604's
as much as i like and have worked on 604's i have always found them to be more a womans car in a lot of ways
they seem to prefer a woman driving them and they have just about everything that a woman likes
sorta like the french version of the fairlane (which are mainly driven by women :D )
not that it worries me i have driven many a mile in 604's and find them to be one of the most comfortable pugs ever made to cover a lot ground in
BTW now that the weather is warming up again i am thinking of playing with my spare engine and playing with different cam profiles to see what i come up with
if anyone has any ideas let me know your thoughts
this time i am going to store what i come up with in a safe place
also going to when i get time (having a business and kids makes it hard) is to play around with some flex to make some extractors
all of this should be fun and i will keep you guys posted