505 Wagon Side Window Removal

pontarriere

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Can anyone advise how the fixed side windows at the rear are removed? I suspect that the stainless trim strip that runs along the outside bottom of the window hides screws or bolts that hold the window in place. I would like to know if I'm heading in the right direction before I start pulling things off!

from memory strip does not hide screws just the rubber that holds glass in , peel back the rubber all around inside the car and push,
but have someone on the outside to catch the glass

I think they are the same as a sedan. It's been many years since I did one, but at the very top of the vertical piece in the front of the triangular window, there is a small bolt hidden under the rubber.
Then, at the bottom of that vertical piece, there is another bolt, but you will have to take off the inner door trim....the door card.

Roll down the movable window.

To insert a new glass piece you may have to thump it a bit with a rubber mallet, or your fist, as the rubber is a little difficult to seat. But not too difficult. . If you decide to use lubricant, saliva is a good lubricant which then dries with no residue.

That vertical piece is called Bailey channel and doubles as the channel the rear window goes up and down in.

Last edited:
pontarriere...
Can you please clarify? The two replies so far are each referring to different windows - I gather alpine is referring to the rear side window in the load area, Beano is referring to the quarter window at the back of the rear side door. So which window are you asking about?

Yes, Alpine has the right one - rear side window in the load area.

Hmm.....Oh well....my brain hasn't been functioning 100% since I had COVID the second time.. :rolleyes: