505 wagon project

Pugpete69

Fellow Frogger
Tadpole
Tadpole
The 504 now has a sibling. One that is more likely to be on the road in the near future.
505 wagon 1.jpg
505 wagon 2.jpg

The rustproofing in 505s was fantastic (no exaggeration) compared to 504s. Almost perfect, as knowledge and sealant had evolved by then.
They are a long car, so if you are not used to that you will find that you have to take corners a bit wider, or you will go over the kerb a bit. You soon get used to having to do that though.

The rustproofing in 505s was fantastic (no exaggeration) compared to 504s. Almost perfect, as knowledge and sealant had evolved by then.
They are a long car, so if you are not used to that you will find that you have to take corners a bit wider, or you will go over the kerb a bit. You soon get used to having to do that though.
Thanks Beano. I shall approach corners with caution. I have to get it back up and running before anything.

I get told off by swmbo for taking corners wide (after driving trucks and buses in past employ)but I tell her look how it works when the caravan is following,haha.although we did have a 504 wagon which she loved driving,no side scrapes for her…jim

Nice! Is that the one from "on here" a week ago?

First issue of it's not starting has been found. I am advised that those white marks should align. For those playing at home, the wagon is Baldrick's old 505
IMG_20240320_081403.jpg

Doesn't matter, the belt could have been fitted in the wrong spot but the relationship between the pullies could still be correct. Need to check the pullies and also make sure the one that drives the distributor is in the right place, there are 3 ways you can position this, not mentioned in the Haynes manual. Did it run after this belt was fitted?

Thanks Graham. From the old threads on here it didn't start after it was fitted. We haven't had it started up here either because there's still the electrical issue to track down.

As per my thread in parts, the next step is apparently a new key and ignition barrel. Hopefully after that, it will be functional again

Thanks Graham. Just pm me if you do have any. As always, I'm very grateful for your assistance.

Jeebus.... Does the 505 have some kind of alien infestation? The blob?