505 LSD??

crosspug

Fellow Frogger
Does anyone know about the LSD that was fitted to the 505 Turbo and I think the V6??

Mate of mine was thinking of importing one to put in his GTi (wants to make it the goods) is it worth the look (and money)??

What pro's (besides the obvious) and con's are there for them??

Jono

crosspug:
Does anyone know about the LSD that was fitted to the 505 Turbo and I think the V6??
Yeah some do, and some even have a torsen diff (which is apparently the one to go for). I've heard mixed reports about the convential Pug LSD, though. Some Series 2 505s in Australia had the conventional LSD, but I'm not sure which ones or how many. I've heard some Pug dealers still have the LSD parts in stock, but Don't know if this is true.

Dave McBean

Thanks Dave

I'll tell my mate to ask around and see what comes up.

Will it make a big difference to the drive of the car??

Suppose its his money he can do what he wants

Jono

crosspug:
Will it make a big difference to the drive of the car??
The independent rear suspension gives these cars plenty of traction anyway, so I can't see the point in having the LSD unless you're going to use a hot V6 or turbo engine.

I've heard mixed reviews of the normal friction plate Peugeot 505 LSD, so the Torsen LSD sounds like the one to go for, if you really want an LSD that works well (pity they were never sold here, as far as I know).

Dave

From the 505s I've driven I'd argue that an LSD probably isn't worth your time or money (if you can't find one easily anyway) ... that is unless you're looking at 160+hp and trackwork.....though it's not like 505s lack rear end grip or are particularly prone to lifting rear wheels in corners....

Save the effort/money put it into a better engine or a decent gearshift :D

EDIT
Believe it or not i'd started this message before dave's......damn work getting in the way of posting as usual:)

<small>[ 21 June 2002, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: DTwo ]</small>
________
Prilosec Settlement News

Last edited: