505 GTI Air Cleaner housing

Pug_405_Mi16

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
All,

I have been told that this only mounts with one bolt and is held in place with 2 feet which go onto rubber mountings at the bottom.

On my new GTI this seems to be all in order but the air cleaner seems to rattle a bit, when I started it cold the other day and checked under the bonnet it rattled like buggary....anyone got any ideas ?

Ben

PS Both Dad and I are really happy with this....looks like we got a bargain :D

soon Nick,

Want to get the paint fixed first ! Getting a new set of Michelen Certis tyres on it tommorow...WOO HOO....

I will put the CD player and speakers in on Saturday...then it's just about done !

Ben

PS One strange thing is most places I rang for tyres said they should be 195/65/15's but in actual fact the GTI has 195/60/15's

Jason's GTi came with 195/60s on the front and 195/65s on the rear so we weren't too sure what it should have either. :confused:

<small>[ 06 August 2002, 07:55 PM: Message edited by: nJm ]</small>

My GTI came with 195/60x15 all round. It's original specs were Michie MXV 195/60

I currently run Dunlop Assymetric A5's 195/60 and Michelen Energy 195/60

The aircleaner is mounted as you described, but the rubber mounts fall off easily on mine. It they werent there, it would move around a lot

After having a better look when I got home tonight it seems the air cleaner is hitting on the oil filter !

What I might do is take the air cleaner out...put some stuff on it to stop the banging !