504 project; need an auto electrician please...

Jonno504

Tadpole
Hi all, its been a while but the beautiful 504 is almost ready.
With the help of Dad and hours of trawling through the aussie frogs website, I have replaced the auto with a 5 speed manual box and the motor with a series 1 505gti.
Being a fan of the carburetor i have replaced the injection with a modified renault 20ts manifold and a beautiful new 38 Weber.
The new sports exhaust is being installed by Premier Exhaust in Sandgate and the extractors are being penciled in for a march delivery.
So, all that's left is the birds nest of wires under the bonnet...... this i cannot do.
So, i am looking for a recommendation for an auto electrician in the Newcastle area who can rewire the old girl. I have rung around and no one really wants to touch it.
Does anyone know someone who would be able to help me out? Any handy sparky types out there who could stick their heads under the bonnet for a few hours?
My first baby is due in march and i was hoping his first car ride was in the right car.

thanks in advance and looking forward to getting the old girl back on the road.

Chris

Chris at Crane's

Hi Chris,

Chris at Crane's Auto Electricians, Waratah, has worked on my 504 for about 15 years.

He seems to be always busy.

See the occasional Peugeot there.

I have been happy with his work and I know of other people who continue to go to him.

Good luck with the 504.

Fred