504 handbrake cable

cane toad

Fellow Frogger
The handbrake cable on the 504 is starting to sieze up, is there much work involved in removing it to give it a good lubricate, easy in the 404 but haven't had much experience with the 504. regards, cane toad .

Much easier on a 404 than a 504, I'd say... remove pads, flick the lever back, oh, yeah, under the console isn't as easy, but not that hard either.

At least you don't have to battle with the levers on the brake shoes you do in the 404, and the springs and all that stuff.

I bought a new hand brake cable under instructions from the owner. How easy is it to go to a supplier and buy new pieces over the counter, big change from the 404. Dapco in southern Sydney pleasant service and reasonable price. Speaking of 404s I had a look at one this morning advertised in the trado for $400 the clutch fork is brocken so no go, a bit rough but could be worth the effort it's a border line case if it hangs about for to much longer it will be past it.If any one is interested reply to this and I 'll supply more info regards cane toad

So where is it going to Egypt or Ray Bell land ?I didn't pick up on the cryptic clues. regards cane toad ps I hope the latter