504 guard mounted aerial removal

Greg Luke

Fellow Frogger
Help needed to remove aerial from 504 (guard mounted)
Appears to be removable from the existing hole; does it need to be approched from
within the vehicle?

It's been a very long time but access to the under side of a 504 aerial is by opening the front door. If you hold the door open at the right angle, you should see the under side of said antenna.

I recall being able to remove the aerial by either unscrewing the pivot screw (if it is one with a spring on the shaft) on the above guard portion, or by unscrewing the hex nut around the shaft. With aerial shaft removed, you should see a screw and this needs to be removed. Then, the under guard portion should be free to extract via the gap near the door hinge.

I can't remember what you do with a motor driven antenna. Might have to undo the two bolts and stainless steel trim on the bottom of the guard to allow a wider extraction space.

Reactions: IWS
It's been a very long time but access to the under side of a 504 aerial is by opening the front door. If you hold the door open at the right angle, you should see the under side of said antenna.

I recall being able to remove the aerial by either unscrewing the pivot screw (if it is one with a spring on the shaft) on the above guard portion, or by unscrewing the hex nut around the shaft. With aerial shaft removed, you should see a screw and this needs to be removed. Then, the under guard portion should be free to extract via the gap near the door hinge.

I can't remember what you do with a motor driven antenna. Might have to undo the two bolts and stainless steel trim on the bottom of the guard to allow a wider extraction space.
That all fits with my recollection - from when I had a 504, 25 years ago.

Ian.

Good advice! Many thanks. Aerial is indeed accessible via LH front door.
Bien joue! GL

It should be able to be pulled upwards via the hole once you undo the hex nut.