504 for sale misleading advertisement

1pugnut

Fellow Frogger
I am looking for a nice late model 504, not seriously but if the right one came up I would be interested.
One came up on marketplace the pictures were professionally done.
I kept looking at it and thinking is it that good or not, but I needed to satisfy my curiosity.
So on Sunday I made contact with the seller I couldn’t get much information out of the seller but we arranged a time and made the 1 hour trip to check it out.
How disappointed I was, the deception with the add was unbelievable if I had of been an interstate, buyer. I would’ve been ripped off big time, I can’t understand why people would advertise with deceptive pictures.
He also put no information about the car in the ad but he had the hide to say no time wasters what a w@nker.
But on the bright side my wife was pleased
1) I have stop looking at the car and talking about it .
2) theirs not another car coming home.

But anyway, I think it was for sale earlier this year, it was from a deceased estate, where the owner had a house designed by a architect,, and the architect drew two Peugeot 504s in the carport.
So he brought two 504 to match the drawings
One was cream and the other one was white, the white one went over to WA and the cream one ended up in Condell park with the drivers window left down, water in the drivers foot well, rust spots all over it , I opened the boot full of water, no battery I couldn’t even start it, it had dirt and dust all over it he couldn’t even wash it so it slightly resembled the pictures.
If you feel like a laugh go and have a look for your self.

Attachments

• C7CA0AF9-E5BC-4D38-8462-76F62DD7FFB0.jpeg
    C7CA0AF9-E5BC-4D38-8462-76F62DD7FFB0.jpeg
    671 KB · Views: 167
Presleys also had a white 404 sedan for sale a year or two back...superficially it looked flash..white wall tyres etc...but was a tired old warhorse underneath.

Yes this 504 has been forsake for years. I was interested and I have original photos before Presleys photo shopped the car. It is one tired old 504. I’d stay clear personally. Just a rip off and rude to talk too as well.
BP