504 for sale in Adelaide

Not a standard colour for the early seventies as well, so must have had a respray at some point. From the pics, looks to be a nice car.

Could've belonged to a mature aged gentleman with aging eyesight.

Yes, for me the auto would be a deal breaker. Newish paint is always a worry - is it hiding rust or dodgy panels?

If it was a ZF auto, it wouldn't worry me. But a Borg Warner gear change has been described as being like getting thumped in the back of the head with a lump of wood. :rolleyes:
:cool:

If it was a ZF auto, it wouldn't worry me. But a Borg Warner gear change has been described as being like getting thumped in the back of the head with a lump of wood. :rolleyes:
:cool:
Sometimes it takes that to knock some sense into people. A 504 is a 504 is a 504!

I found Borg Warner gear changes to be smooth. For me, the dislike is that auto suck power from a 504.

I've no issue with the BW35's smoothness. My issue is the slop between the rpm and the road speed, and the slight loss of oomph when giving it some beans.

Okay....I confess.

I have never actually driven one with a Borg Warner. I got my attitude towards them from Lewin here in Brisbane, who has sold stuff for them since before I got my first one in 1981.
But the ZF boxes on 505s are just beautiful. I never used to care if they sucked out some power. The whole car was like a perfectly-balanced equation involving suspension, motor and gearbox.

I suppose it depends on what you're looking for. As I mentioned earlier, a 504 with a properly set up BW35 auto is very smooth. It is that it effects acceleration and saps overall power. Give me a manual 504 Ti and day!

I suppose it depends on what you're looking for. As I mentioned earlier, a 504 with a properly set up BW35 auto is very smooth. It is that it effects acceleration and saps overall power. Give me a manual 504 Ti and day!
Better for acceleration in the city, just put your foot down and go! My auto 205 Si is very rarely beaten when the lights go green.