504 Familiale third seat

pottsy

Citroen Loony & BMC Nutter.
VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Still got this. Came from a fully imported 1976 Familiale wagon. This was a 6 seater wagon, not the seven seater. Had two armchairs in the middle and this seat in the back.

We fitted a set of foam backed seat covers way back when it was the family transport. I cut the remains of those covers off to reveal an almost perfect seat underneath. I can't believe it survived three boisterous sons and several years of transporting Scouts to and from camps without so much as a small tear in the upholstery!

The spring loaded hinges where it bolts to the floor are fine, and in fact one of them still has the part number label on it! Only damage is the covers over the pivots of the side catches are gone.

Whoever wants it can have it, but it's gotta be picked up. I can't afford the time and effort to ship it, sorry.

No charge, but as always small amounts of spirituous liquors are always welcome.

PM me if you want it.

Cheers, Pottsy

Attachments

• 504 familiale third seat 1.jpg
    504 familiale third seat 1.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 504 familiale third seat back.jpg
    504 familiale third seat back.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 504 familiale third seat underneath.jpg
    504 familiale third seat underneath.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Pottsy, was that car by any chance a lighter metallic green?
Longer gearstick than the aussie delivered cars.
Twin downdraft solex carbires, working as a dual throat set-up?

If so it was a car I owned in 1989 and sold from Brisbane in the latter part of that year. Worst mistake I veer made. I replaced it with a very nice Fiat 132 2litre because I feared the 504 had an urban drinking problem. :crazy::roflmao: The Fiat extraceted way more fuel$$$ than the 504 ever did, due to it's ability to make your right foot so much heavier, :(

No it was alpine white and we were the second owners from new. Car had been purchased at Regan Motors by a family in Kew. Mrs P was teaching in Kew and got to know the family (and the car) so when they were ready to sell, we put up our hands.

It replaced a Renault 12 wagon that had been augnented with a rearward facing kiddy seat. The Boys used to love making rude faces at following drivers.

Had the long gearstick, but a single dual throat down draught solex.

Was the best family car ever. We had iit for over 12 years and it was augmented by a succession of 505 familiales when it got relegated to second car status.

FIrst solo driving experience for the eldest boy and even he couldn't kill it! The panel cancer got it in the end so we gave old Matilda the modern equivalent of a Viking funeral, useful bits removed and her remains conveyed to Sims on a flat bed truck.

Cheers, Pottsy