504 coupe value

julian c b

Fellow Frogger
I have just received new "torque "magazine and it features a fantastic looking 504 coupe with the story of its restoration and they mention it is ensured with Shannons for an agreed value of $90,000. It is an early model with 4 headlights and slanted tail lights but is fitted with a fuelinjected V6 which would not be original. Shannons value my 73 504 cabriolet at $42,000 and it goes up 2000 each year and i thought i was getting a good deal till i read this

I'd have a word with Shannons about it Julian. They are usually amenable specially if you have evidence and since they are the insurers of that car they really can't argue about it.
Except to say that the V6 originals are selling for a lot more than the 4cylinders in France and were certainly made with the bigger engine, a 2.7V6 TI . Maybe you'll have to fit one of those engines to get the big bucks.

I would have thought as it was originally sold was a bonus wheras fitting a V6 makes it a modified vehicle. Another thing is there were far fewer cabs produced than coupes so they are much rarer

As an investment, originality and matching numbers are where the big bucks are going.

I would have thought as it was originally sold was a bonus wheras fitting a V6 makes it a modified vehicle. Another thing is there were far fewer cabs produced than coupes so they are much rarer
Julian, big difference, he has obviously shown his ground up restoration and that car would owe him over $100,000, if you have proof of a car owes you so much $ you can get it insured for what ever you like.

Don't agree with the modified bit as it all bolts in, and that's his business
If you want to talk about modifying, like the 5speed in your cab. Not original, but who cares its your car,

Think this has brought attention that doesn't need to be.

Off topic but as you are talking 504 Coupe's and modifications.....can you easily convert them to RHD using sedan parts?

Off topic but as you are talking 504 Coupe's and modifications.....can you easily convert them to RHD using sedan parts?
rhd conversions can be done relatively easily. A peice of the rh inner needs to be cut out and a filler peice put in to accomodate the brake booster. and the dash top has to be modified and re skinned. They were never made in rhd but the early ones like mine were converted when new in UK and sold as RHD cars. Why would you bother converting one now when cars of that age can be registered LHD ?

Thanks Julian. If I do get one (Big if) I would convert, if it was reversible, because driving from the wrong side is a PITA and potentially dangerous.
Every day in Europe hundreds of cars cross the channel with the driver on one side or the other and they dont have a problem there. I quite liked driving on the continent with rhd

It wasn't a comment about the great unwashed having an issue - I don't like being on the wrong side of the car as its nigh on impossible to safely pass.

When we move out of Melbourne in 2 years then It will be project city. Need to finish the Healey then will buy another couple of cars. Have always loved the look of the Coupe (not a huge fan of the sedan). Another 4 post lift and you will be able to add another.

It wasn't a comment about the great unwashed having an issue - I don't like being on the wrong side of the car as its nigh on impossible to safely pass.
I had to drive a new left have drive FORD COBRA from the top of the city where city FORD is to Brighton to have it serviced before sale.
No 1 brand new car that’s been sold and I can’t get a mark on
No 2 left hand drive through peak hour traffic
I was a bag of nerves when I got back to CITY FORD.
You can’t see any traffic gaps and getting over lanes was frightful.

I had to drive a new left have drive FORD COBRA from the top of the city where city FORD is to Brighton to have it serviced before sale.
No 1 brand new car that’s been sold and I can’t get a mark on
No 2 left hand drive through peak hour traffic
I was a bag of nerves when I got back to CITY FORD.
You can’t see any traffic gaps and getting over lanes was frightful.
You get used to it after a while, although overtaking is harder ( helps to have a passenger)

English B and C roads are particularly painful

As with most things with driving, if you pay attention you can think your way though it, although it is harder to just go with the flow ( but should we ever do just that?)

Andrew

You get used to it after a while, although overtaking is harder ( helps to have a passenger)

English B and C roads are particularly painful

As with most things with driving, if you pay attention you can think your way though it, although it is harder to just go with the flow ( but should we ever do just that?)

Andrew
Well I suppose you do however I think I’ll stick to RHD
Unless it was a 504coupe then I would consider it. ….,,,maybe lol

I drove LHD all over Britain and Ireland in 2019 - the only issue was entering roundabouts - difficult to see around the front passenger.

I drove LHD all over Britain and Ireland in 2019 - the only issue was entering roundabouts - difficult to see around the front passenger.
Roundabouts in Europe are a trap , especially for me, as I am blind in left eye and they are often big, so need a real look. It is interesting how one sticks with ingrained habits - “look there, if clear go” and can get into strife if not rethought for new environment.

A