406 Upholstery.

GBW

Fellow Frogger
Tadpole
After 330,000ks sitting the drivers seat one panel of the velour had worn through, the rest of the upholstery is as new so seems worth the trouble.
Can anyone recommend a motor trimmer in Sydney who might be able to match the fabric and replace the section?
Many Thanks

Have you thought of looking at a wrecked 406 as mostly the passenger and back seats are often in very good condition. A good upholster could easily add parts of the wrecked seats into yours. Alternatively a good passenger seat cover may be able to be placed onto the drivers seat frame.

I did that with my old alcantara / leather GTi6 seats back in the day - had an upholsterer remove the cover from a good passenger seat and replace the drivers seat cover. One small glitch was that the seat back fold release was on the other side and needed a patch sown in as well, but otherwise a fairly high level of success with the replacement.

Cheers

Justin

I did that with my old alcantara / leather GTi6 seats back in the day - had an upholsterer remove the cover from a good passenger seat and replace the drivers seat cover. One small glitch was that the seat back fold release was on the other side and needed a patch sown in as well, but otherwise a fairly high level of success with the replacement.

Cheers

Justin
I am doing exacly that with my Land Rover at the moment. Same with the foam. The passenger side foams are usually identical and always in better nick