406 rear shocks/suspension

I don't know why EAI wouldn't understand "drop links" - but perhaps they would understand (rear) ARB links.

Did you try the part number I gave you in post #16? I got a huge list from Alvadi: https://alvadi.al/search?q=24529+03

I have bought "drop links" from EAI Sydney more than once. They were there in stock, and the name was understood. You must have got the wrong staff member.

The most common fault is the rear sway bar links, the ball joints comes loose and rattles some of them are made from plastic.
There is also a trailing arm that controls the toe of the rear wheels that can also make a noise when worn, but a bit less common to cause an issue. With all things pug ebay uk is your friend

The most common fault is the rear sway bar links, the ball joints comes loose and rattles some of them are made from plastic.
There is also a trailing arm that controls the toe of the rear wheels that can also make a noise when worn, but a bit less common to cause an issue. With all things pug ebay uk is your friend
I think your 2nd vendor is really muddying the water calling those "Anti Roll Bar Stabiliser" links - they are referred to in the catalog as "rear suspension links" or "stabiliser rods", and have nothing to do with the ARB. Given that we have already established that the ARB and it's drop links are not illustrated in the ssg.asia or catcar.info catalogs, then to call them ARB links is really not helpful.

I think only the caps are plastic.
No the the whole ARB link is made of plastic (apart from the ball joints) - the old ones I replaced were the same. I can supply photos if you like.

No need. There are some dud C5 and DS3 replaced links here, all are steel.

Ring EAI at Thornleigh and speak to Martin, he has sold me many

Just came across this.. I recently had the same knocking from the rear in a 406 I purchased. I have owned many 406's so immediately assumed the drop links/ upper stabiliser links/both were worn. Replaced all 4. Knock still there... I chased it around for about a week, removing the lower arms, checking all suspension bushes etc, still there. I then stumbled onto the problem as I again removed the one drop link from the ARB. Noticed the bar moving in the ARB bush that mounts it to the body. Turns out both mounting bushes were worn oval inside. Replaced both and silent.. I have owned many 406's since 2002 and this is the first time I have come across this. So next time I get knocking, I now have 3 places to check...

Hi,

I am new to the Peugeot realm, having had my 406 coupe for only a few months now. I have sorted a couple of things - like getting a second key! and installing a cheap and cheerful remote locking system to replace the factory one abandoned some 10years ago.

Anyway the rear end is constantly rumbling - If it was a renault 10 I would say its a shocker bush in need of replacing. Anyway I am getting it looked at on Monday. I have heard that Peugeot's are known for their ride and handling on standard suspension and you mess with this at your peril. I am personally a big fan of Bilstein Gas shocks - I know B4's are readily available for the coupe.

So here is my question - If I do need to get new shocks, are the B4's a good upgrade? If not, how do I source originals, or can I get the OEM's rebuilt?

Any other comments warmly welcomed.

Thanks,

George
Bilsteins . . .