406 front shocks - recommendations

Di4bl06

Tadpole
Hello, this is my first post here.
I have recently installed some lowering springs on my “98 406 SV. During the process I managed to get a close look at the current shocks and I don’t think they’re in good condition. The front is also slopping down a lot (does the front slope down from factory when new?).

So I’m in the market for new shock absorbers. I see KYB on eBay for a reasonable price but are they decent? I am hoping to get better handling once the new ones are installed as at the moment there is a lot of body roll. In terms of handling or comfort, handling is more important for me.

Thanks

- Reuben

Welcome!
KYB is an oem supplier, so quality should be fine. Whether the shocks you choose give the response you want is a different question.
How did the car sit before you changed the springs? That would be a good guide to whether it sloped down as much as it does now. The other thing you can do is find the ride height specs and measure your car as it is now.

Thanks for the tip will measure the front end now. I’m after shocks that retain the comfort stock levels while boosting the handling. I’ve put the KYB Excel-G shocks in my cart on eBay but it says not compatible with ‘E-Adjustable and off road suspension’ - does this mean they won’t work with my lowering springs?

You've compromised the car by lowering anyway, so just go for the KYBs, they will be reliable enough.

Reactions: cjl