406 coup econversion

koppers

Fellow Frogger
Hey everyone, i was just wondering if anyone here has done, or even just contemplated a 406 coupe engine conversion into a 306. I know they have been done over in the UK etc, but i havnt heard of one doen over here. What would be envolved? What sort of costs? Would it be worth it?

All feedback appreciated.

Adam.

The engine doesn't have to come from a 406 Coupe. Any (series 2) Citroen XM, Peugeot 406 sedan or wagon V6 or Citroen C5 V6 will all be suitable. A 406 is the only one you'd pick up as a manual though.

I have read about it being done in the UK. It would make one quick car. I am sure it would need lots of suspension work too, as the 3L engine is *rather large* compared to the 2L models. The engine and gearbox completely fill the engine bay on a XM/C5/406...

Good luck with it if you do go ahead :D

Derek

Peugot Eccosse did this very conversion in a N3 Cabriolet.
Pros:
* Heaps of tourque and Hp.
* Super smooth and much more refined, when compared to 8V.
* Unique
Cons:
* It barely fits!!
* Custom work includes, drive shafts, cross member, engine mounts, intake and exhaust manifolds x2.
* Other work include, relocate battery, relocate radiator support, relocate heater matrix inlet/outlet, et.
* The oil sump sits about 80mm from the road!! here comes another pot hole, start praying!
* No A/C, but it was done in the UK.
* Its not cheap.
* The added weight means custom or adjustable coil overs if you want to keep the 306 handling.
-chris

PS!!!!-HOW DO YOU CHANGE THE SPARK PLUGS/COIL ON THE SOUTH HEAD???!.. i think i know how the do it but im not 100%

<small>[ 31 August 2003, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: CHRI'S16 ]</small>

CHRI'S16:
PS!!!!-HOW DO YOU CHANGE THE SPARK PLUGS/COIL ON THE SOUTH HEAD???!.. i think i know how the do it but im not 100%
Move to Manly and pray?

Derek :cool:

p.s. It's hard enough on the N5 306. The brake master cylinder is in the way of the coil pack making it difficult to get on and off.