405SRDT Clutch cable removal etc

Biodiesel

Fellow Frogger
I have removed the bits necessary to remove the Brske booster, & it is loose (Wiper assy etc removed) The clutch inner is loose, but I cant seem to release the outer (There is a White plastic block in the back of the pedal assy) Is there a trick to remove the cable outer? (Haynes no help)
Also I have to get the front discs machined. I have removed calipers, & 2 retaining screws. The discs dont want to move. Do I keep tapping? (The Hub centre nut is not involved is it?)
My recent purchase wont have many original brake parts left. I need rear Brake cylinders, Shoes, drum machine, front disc machine, (or poss replacement) New Master Cyl, & brake booster! Plus of course all belts, oils & filters replaced (& possibly waterpump). Still should be OK for a while when finished.
What is the feeling about sourcing parts from Dapco? Are there better priced parts outlets?
regards Doug

Well, got the cable out. Then what a juggle to remove the booster! Had to remove the brake pipe union to have enough room to clear everything. (Thank goodness this is a job only done rarely)
Regards Doug

Why take the booster out ? You are correct it is a pain in the ass to remove it. Remember to bleed to whole thing very thoroughly prefereably at a shop, or atleast ensure the car or the rear wheels are off the ground while this is being done. Good luck :rolleyes:

The booster is Kangaroo-Edward (ie Kangaroo= roo, Edward= ted: get the picture)
I knew the brakes were flaky, and priced the car accordingly, but more problems that I reckoned on.
regards, Doug