405 Wheel Alignment

rick_b

Fellow Frogger
My Mi16 has a very slight drift to the left after alignment. There is not even the slightest hint of any crash repair work. I had it aligned by pedders after replacing the joints and boots on the ends of the steering rack. current figures are
Camber -.30 & + .02 non adjustable
Caster +2.43 & +3.09 non adjustable
Toe 0
Set Back + .13 ( left wheel closer to rear axle than the right)
I'm thinking the lower suspention arm bushes may have aquired a perminant set in the rubber although they look ok and have no play. Has anyone else had similar problems, or does someone know of a cure.

i had a similar thing with a 604 i had
i ended up taking it to a truck align place where they have the machinery to slightly bend little things so that it all lines up perfectly
be warned though make sure that all your bushes are in perfect condition first and that there is nothing wrong under the car to cause this trouble otherwise you are only going to go around in circles
after i had them do my car it was great
only cost a little more than a normal alignment
pity you are too far away as the people i would recomend are called truck align at narrelan in western sydney (not sure if they are still there)
but they were recomended to me and was well worth it

There is definatly no play or any other problems under the car. The lower arm has two rubber bushes where it mounts to the chasis the rear one is in a housing assembly that bolts onto the chasis, I was considering reworking the bolt holes in order to move the arm outwards and in turn the LH ball joint forward, this would increase caster and solve the setback problem. It's realy only a very mild problem when driving and is very hard to pick up around town and is not causing any tyre wear issues. I've put about 6000kms on the clock in the past few weeks and have agood idea of any faults with the car. wink By the way no other proplems other than the heater control unit and averages 7.2-7.5 litres of fuel per 100kms. dance