405 Ventilation Actuator

Kincho

Fellow Frogger
My 405 SRDT (Series 2)has recently developed a very annoying characteristic. It sounds like there's a cricket in the glove box but it's a worn actuator that moves the ventilation flap from fresh air to recirc. Apparantly the replacement part is not only expensive but also a bastard to fit.

I don't really care about changing from fresh to recirc - does anyone know of a way to disconnect the actuator without affecting operation of the fan (or other desirable devices)?

I had a similar problem in my series 2 405.
By removing the glovebox door & surround you have access to the heater blower and associated wiring in that vicinity. Have the ignition ON and disconnect/reconnect leads until buzz goes away - it is not a hard plug to find!!
I then drilled a small hole in the fresh air/recirculating flap and passed a coat hanger wire through it, accessible at the other end via the glovebox interior. By bending the wire upwards I can hook it in either hole drilled into the glovebox surround, thus holding it in either mode continously. No more buzzing & recirc switch on dash just for show. Good Luck!