405 Rear spoiler size

Greenchunks

Fellow Frogger
Hello everyone. I am from the Volvo forums, and accordingly own a Volvo and not a Peugeot. However, I have always thought that I 405 wing is just about the only wing that would look good on a Volvo 740, and is exactly what I have been looking for. However, while I am able to find the spoilers for sale online, none of them have the dimensions. I figured what better place to ask then the Peugeot forums. Well anyways, if someone could tell me the dimensions of the wing, how long it is in it's entirety, and how far apart the two posts are where it is mounted, that would be just jolly. Thank you for your help.

Haha. I also own a 740. The mi16 spoiler would look good, but I would be fairly confident that it would be a tad too narrow.

Do what I'm doing - ditch the brick and buy a frog!

Nick

Mr Greenchunks... Contact Auto Paris in Melbourne... they might be able to source you one... www.autoparis.com.au

As for the dimensions.. not 100% Sure.. i'll have a look on some sites for you... pretty sure i might be able to find them for you..

Then maybe i won't... best bet is to have someone measure it...

Last edited:
405 rear wing

Hi
Just measured my Mi16 wing(one rude mate calls it an ironing board)!
It is 145cm overall, 74.5cm between posts, and 13 cm front to back. It has a slight taper at both front and rear edge.
Hope this helps
Don

Didn't the 740 Turbos come with a wing that was very much in the style of the mi16 wing?

Yeah, some of the 740's came with a wing, but it wasn't like the 405 wing, it was pretty damn ugly, and those are more expensive, and harder to come by. I think that wing in my american units :) comes to about 57 inches wide, and the trunk of the 740 is about 61 inches, so it's jsut too short I think, damnit, it would have looked nice.