4007 immobiliser system?

cav91

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Does anyone know what is required for a complete immobiliser system for a 4007? Being mostly mitsubishi I'm not sure. I have a 4007 that I'm 95 percent sure has a dead ecu. So need to try and swap the ecu over from another car. If it was full pug it would be easy!

You can swap ecus in Mitsubishis without swapping them as a kit in terms of what would be in a Pug type kit it's the ecu the etacs and the wcm module and the key

So the ecu can be swapped without the rest of the kit so is essentially unlocked? That would be handy. Whats the wcm module? And where would I find it? The etacs is the module behind the glove box essentially a bsi isn't it?

This is a longish commercial for a Launch system that sounds like it would solve the lost key problem quickly. Perhaps worthwhile asking the technician if they have such a system/gadget prior to coming out to do the job?

So the ecu can be swapped without the rest of the kit so is essentially unlocked? That would be handy. Whats the wcm module? And where would I find it? The etacs is the module behind the glove box essentially a bsi isn't it?
Yes the Vin is registered in the ecu but when you use a swapped ecu it will say Vin then also current Vin matched from the etacs the wcm is in the firewall.

isnt the lost key 4007 a completely different post by Mullfitz .am i missing something

Yeah I have my key! And when cranking the peugeot planet says the ecu is ready for starting (or something like that). So isn't immobilised.

@dmccurtayne
So I can plug another ecu and configure the vin on pp2000 to make it work? Or do I still need another complete kit like proper pugs?

Yeah I have my key! And when cranking the peugeot planet says the ecu is ready for starting (or something like that). So isn't immobilised.

@dmccurtayne
So I can plug another ecu and configure the vin on pp2000 to make it work? Or do I still need another complete kit like proper pugs?
Just can plug in but if you can talk to the ecu what fuel pressure are you getting have you done and injector leak test ?

Just can plug in but if you can talk to the ecu what fuel pressure are you getting have you done and injector leak test ?
It's meeting reference pressure at the rail. Then far exceeding (like doubling) then switching off the regulator. I assume to protect the fuel system. I'm thinking it's going so high because injectors aren't firing. I have tested for injector pulse and have none. It shows engine speed so it knows its turning over. I have also fitted brand new crank and cam sensors. Also checked the engine timing and it is correct. Here's a photo of the current fault codes. All are injector related.

I havent done a leak back test. Didn't think there would be much point given the injectors aren't firing.

Attachments

• 20220316_152329_copy_1008x756.jpg
    20220316_152329_copy_1008x756.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 76
@dmccurtayne I've replaced just the ecu on it own, I believe it doesn't work on it own. It has etacs system fault on the dash. And the fuel pressure regulator no longer gives permission to allow fuel. So I'll need to swap a compete kit. I've searched for hours online and can't find a picture or a location of the wcm. I've stripped all the lower dash and can't find anything that says anything related when searching the numbers on each module. You don't happen to have any more info on it even what it looks like?

Did you link the ecu using diag box
Well I'm an idiot. Just tried it again, took about 3 minutes to code the vin into the ecu. But the bloody thing still has no injector pulse. I'm really not sure what else to try!