308 T9 servicing cost?

Brodie Shields

Fellow Frogger
Just booked the 308 T9 diesel in for a 60K service at the local dealer.

It will cost over $700 which seems a bit steep to me.

What does one get for that price?

Thanks DEKA.

The price for my diesel is $515 for vehicles under warranty. Mine is 2014 so way out of warranty.

So why the huge difference?

Cheers,

GTi costs lots to service through the dealer also. Partly due to spark plugs requiring replacement every service.

It's a diesel, so no plugs. The 2 litre diesels are straightforward to service. The correct oil is the main thing to watch. Your service record booklet lists what needs to be done.

Any garage that services diesels would have no trouble, though it would be prudent to obtain and supply the low ash C2 grade oil if your mechanic doesn't have it. (It differs from the common Japanese SUVs and utes).

Correct filters are economically available from EAI in Thornleigh and sent by courier. Dollarwise you'll be well in front.

PS If you order from EAI, get a sump washer to go with the oil filter.

Last edited:
Agree with seasink. I made a guess on the model to look up pricing but now we know it’s a diesel ignore that.

Find an independent.

Thanks for all the advice. I've cancelled the booking.

I had a look at the requirements for a 60K service and apart from changing the oil and filter, it's all checks and top-ups.

If I cannot do that myself, then I shouldn't own a Pug ! Have ordered the parts through EAI.

Make sure you get the right oil!

The recommendation is a PSA B71 2290 spec such as Total Quartz Ineo ECS.

You can also use the updated spec , PSA B71 2312.

This includes
- Total Ineo First 0W30
- Motul Specific 2312 0W30
- Liqui Moly Top Tec 4310 0W30

The Motul appears to be available here as Paul at AP Automotive uses it.

There’s also the spec PSA B71 2297 which has Total Quartz Ineo HTC 5W30 for hot climates. The spec sheet says it’s specifically made for PSA’s EP and DW engines (the 1.6T petrol and 2L diesel). I haven’t been able to find that available to purchase online in a quick search.

You can get a C2 from Penrite, though it's a little higher ash than Total.

There are threads in AF on the spanner to access the oil filter cap on the RHH motor. There is no access for a standard socket. Oil the rubber ring on the new oil filter before fitting or it will leak.

To make a restart easier use the bleed screw on the top of the fuel filter for air removal. Small residual air bubbles can be sucked out when starting.

DeKa - super lube in Queanbeyan stock the HTC. Bought some a couple of weeks ago. I believe they deliver if you get desperate.

Or Brodie (being from Tamworth) could just pick up the correct Total Oil from the distributors. Their name is Global Lubricants, and they are perfectly happy to sell product to individuals.

I bought 20 litres of LHM from them, and they dropped it off (for me to collect) at one of their regular customers in Armidale - so almost delivered to my door!

GLOBAL LUBRICANT DISTRIBUTORS
LISMORE / COFFS HARBOUR / PORT MACQUARIE / TAMWORTH

Krauss Avenue
South Lismore, NSW 2480, Australia
Tel: 61-2-6627 6016
Fax: 61-2-6627 6098
Visit: www.globallubes.com.au
Unit 1 / 84-90 Industrial Drive
Coffs Harbour, NSW 2450, Australia
Tel: 61-2-6653 0900
Unit 2, 20 Acacia Avenue
Port Macquarie, NSW 2444, Australia
Tel: 61-2-6516 2214
70-76 Barnes St, Australia
Tamworth, NSW 2340, Australia
Tel: 61-2-6765 7602

Apparently the Sydney distributors are not so obliging...

Cheers

Alec

The Sydney distributor will not service individuals, and I have heard, non-dealers. It's good to hear there is someone in Tamworth.

Thanks Armidillo, picked up the Total oil at Global Lubricant in Tamworth. Couldn't ask for a more pleasant and helpful service.

To remove the fuel lines at the filter cap, the plastic joiners have a little tag which needs to be lifted, before the line disconnects. When you put the lid back the bit of clear tube lets you see when you have hand pumped fuel. Open the bleed screw and get a flow on top first. The engine can pump up and start by itself then. It is a suction system.

The Sydney distributor will not service individuals, and I have heard, non-dealers.
I bought three bottles of INEO First from them about a month ago.

They won't sell the new HTC oil to individuals, however.