308 T9 Purchase

Degrees

Fellow Frogger
Hi all, I am considering the purchase of a 308 T9, 2014-2015. I am somewhat hesitant as my previous Pug experience involved a 2005 307 RHR that decided to gush oil from the rear main seal at only 100k despite my obsessive servicing schedule. I've been brought back only because these cars look very good on paper.

Preliminary research suggests the new 308 is significantly better built than the 307. I am considering both the 1.6L Petrol and 2.0L diesel.
Are either of these choices considerably more reliable than the other? This will be largely city driving, but I'm hoping the diesel will hold up fine if the DPF is anything like my last one.

Are there any nasty surprises I should be aware of on either engine in the way of failures or expensive scheduled maintenance tasks? (I have read about the Adblue issues).
I am looking at cars with around 60-90k. Should I expect to see significant failures in the next 50k or so?
Can I assume the 308 is as solid as competitors in this class, ie Astra, Corolla, i30, etc.

I've owned one for nearly 4 years, 1.6 petrol Allure Premium. Has been a great car and I will hold onto it for a while yet. Have had no issues at all, only the usual servicing. I did have the timing chain rattle but it turns out that was due to low oil, just needed a top up. I decided to replace the tensioner anyway as it is a known weak part (part costs $90 and about 30 mins labour). Very well built cars, fun to drive and much more comfortable than the Asian alternatives.

My daughter had a 308 wagon with the 2L diesel for 10 years. Engine and gearbox trouble free but serviced regularly. Occasional 40 minute run will usually help with DPF. There are/were issues with the Adblue tank in later models which have been well documented here. Peugeot will replace as it was a known fault with some vehicles. Check first. In some cases customers had to work hard to get the matter resolved for no charge. The diesel is the better performer IMO.

My daughter had a 308 wagon with the 2L diesel for 10 years. Engine and gearbox trouble free but serviced regularly. Occasional 40 minute run will usually help with DPF. There are/were issues with the Adblue tank in later models which have been well documented here. Peugeot will replace as it was a known fault with some vehicles. Check first. In some cases customers had to work hard to get the matter resolved for no charge. The diesel is the better performer IMO.
Which year 308 is this?

Lovely car, drives beautifully. Mine went through tyres pretty quickly but when I moved off the Bridgestone Turanza to a harder tyre, it was better (but noisier.)
Mine ended up having an overheating issue that I’m pretty sure was misdiagnosed (replaced two water pumps but I’m sure it was something else…) which I think has warped the heads.