308 T9 12V source in the dash

Brodie Shields

Fellow Frogger
I have fitted a 3rd party reverse camera to my 308 T9 but having trouble finding a source of power for the screen. The camera is connected via wifi.

I connected it to the ACC wire from the ignition switch but found that goes off when the engine starts.

So I need to find a source of 12V when the engine is running.

I know there is a source over on the left side, but it would be not easy trying to thread a wire over to the right side.

Now with CanBus, things are not as simple as they were in the old days.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers

There are a couple of 12V non CAN sources in the cabin. The OBD port has unswitched 12v on pin 16. This is what powers many code readers. Another possibility is the cigarette lighter, which will have a large capacity fuse.

I can't asnwer your question directly but have fitted a dashcam to my son's Lancer, piggy back fuse at the fuse box so it's live at all times (with voltage sensor). As for the T9 308, I seem to remember some also using a piggy-back fuse to power a dash cam, at the fuse box in the glove box. I don't remember which fuse they accessed for power, sorry. Was on a UK Peugeot forum, I think. What dashcam do you have and are you happy with it so far? I am thinking of gettting one for my T9 308 also.

Another possibility is the cigarette lighter, which will have a large capacity fuse.
and is powered off/on with the ignition - at least it is in the Latitude and the Kangoo. I'm going to have the same problem in the Kangoo, I'd like to "permanently" mount the old Garmin navigator, it fits real good in the dash depression in the middle, along with a 2" analogue clock - which requires a permanent feed and dash-light feed as well....
Bob

and is powered off/on with the ignition - at least it is in the Latitude and the Kangoo. I'm going to have the same problem in the Kangoo, I'd like to "permanently" mount the old Garmin navigator, it fits real good in the dash depression in the middle, along with a 2" analogue clock - which requires a permanent feed and dash-light feed as well....
Bob
The easiest way is to feed straight from the battery via a fuse, the only hard part will be getting though the fire wall and routing the wire around all the stuff under the dash.

There are a couple of 12V non CAN sources in the cabin. The OBD port has unswitched 12v on pin 16. This is what powers many code readers. Another possibility is the cigarette lighter, which will have a large capacity fuse.
This is the safest way to go even some “genuine” accessories had instruction to be fitted this way.

Thanks seasink and dmcurtayne. I'll look at those points, but the hardest part is actually threading the wire through a very dense dash board. Cheers,

I'll go with the cig lighter source, with an in-line fuse near the screen. The cable will exit through the access hole on the RHS of the dash, so plenty of space to put the wires and fuse.

Now the fun part - getting a wire from there to there.

Cheers,