308 hdi stalling at lights

russell89

Tadpole
Hi guys,
sister in laws 308 hdi wagon is stalling at lights , was doing it previously but turning off the a/c seemed to fix it.
That made me suspect idle up pump, but today slightly warmer weather and occured again.
any ideas would be appreciated

Russ

Can anyone give suggestions what to check here?

I see the car is now in for sale section, it's in Colac and I go there about once a week. (I live about an hour away.) I'm going there Saturday, and would be there again in a week or two.

I'd be happy to look at the car to help diagnose the fault, I have an Ancel VD700 Pro OBD2 scanner that has specific extra features for VW cars, not sure how useful this would be on a Peugeot?? I'm pretty handy with anything mechanical, can use an OBD scanner and a multimeter, but I'm not a mechanic and not up on the latest tech.

I would not charge anything to take a look and see if we can find the problem.

I do not want to buy the car, I'm just curious what the fault is and offering to help out.

Dmccurtayne, how do we check the suction control valve data? With OBD2 scanner or something more Peugeot specific?
Is there an easy way to see if this is the fault - like disconnecting or blocking off the valve for example?

thanks folks.

This might be a really dumb suggestion, but has the fuel filter been changed and any water traps been checked?? We have had a huge amount of rain recently, so I wouldn't be surprised if some inground tanks haven't been contaminated with water.

I was also wondering about water in the fuel and blocked fuel filter, how to we check that?

sorry dmccurtayne, but what's an eye valve tube? I googled it and can't find anything. What am I looking for, a damaged vacuum line? Air intake duct? Intercooler duct? EGR valve? (autocorrect might have changed EGR to Eye?)

Yes sorry egr pipe it goes from the back over into the intake a small v band type clamp to remove and you can bend it out of the way to see if it will run