308 Hdi fluids

tonch504

Fellow Frogger
Hello all,
My daughter's 2010 308 Hdi auto has 488,000 km on the clock. The car is running beautifully.
I change the oil, and filter, naturally, every 10,000 km, but I'm yet to change the coolant and transmission fluid.
I know the transmission fluid is "for life", but I don't think they mean half a million kilometres.
Can anyone tell me the correct transmission fluid, and coolant, for the vehicle and where I can get it? I'm in Sydney.
Thanks.

The easiest way to get the correct long life OAT coolant is from a dealer. It won't break the bank, surprisingly.

The transmission fluid is controversial here. The box was made by Aisin, and they supply the fluid, if you can find it, but the cheapest source of this stuff is a Toyota dealer - they use the Aisin transmissions and fluid too. But which engine is fitted? Euro 4 and Euro 5 engines differ.

I'm not getting into this argument though - we have members who swear by other brands, commonly Penrite.

One of our members, Electroboy, translated a well-known French language how-to, and I attach it, You cannot change all the fluid in one go.

Attachments

• AM6 Oil Change Instructions in English copy.pdf
    854.5 KB · Views: 65
Thank you, seasink,

I'll get the coolant from a dealer for sure.
How can I identify if I have a Euro 4 or Euro 5 engine? Will this tell me the type of transmission I have and can I take this info to Toyota to get the correct fluid?

The engine code is letters 6, 7, and 8 of the VIN. That is sufficient to identify which of the many engines used by Peugeot and Citroen.

The RHR (DW10B) engine was to the Euro 4 standard, and specified JWS3309 fluid. The Euro 5 standard required AW-1. The earlier fluid isn't compatible with the later, according to PSA.

The change year was 2010. AM6 boxes have different part numbers for some components after that year.

Euro 4 JWS 3309 = Toyota ATF T-IV
Euro 5 JWS 3324 = Toyota ATF WS

The difference is apparently viscosity, but there must be others for the incompatibility notice.

Here's where the controversy begins - which other brand (eg Penrite) to use, and does anyone satisfy both standards?

if its done 1/2 million kms on its original fill ..... I wouldn't be changing it. The oil is probably full of clutch material, if you change the oil, I bet the transmission starts slipping. Its got to be completely worn out at that sort of milage!