307 Identify?

RINGER

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Bought an 11/2005 with 117K km from the crushers today.
Really clean auto & drives like a new car.
Hatchback with no books but have no idea what I have power unit wise.
Seems like 2 litre but not sure.
Engine number LH1U1364340
Anyone help?
Where can one download basic operator books or how to establish what all the controls are please.
Will be registered Monday.
Thanks JG

Please post the VIN. It describes your car in the leading letters..

Also I don't know what services have been done except a current sticker on the windshield.
I intend to do the timing belt is there any auto tranny stuff or anything else needs doing, please.
VIN VF33CRFJC843 etc. JG.

if it has the aisin warner 6 speed auto you may want to look at the thread on changing the oil on the sealed sealed for life box ,some may say if it aint broke don't fix it but a change will extend its life expectancy ,,if it hasn't been changed already ,probably not a priority for you atm ,we have 307s Deisels but that looks like a petrol engine from the number ,i beleive machinery drive wreckers have taken over first class at [next to the place with the pink Holden ;] reedy creek who used to wreck Peugeot you may get lucky and find they have a owners hand book around ,i have one for my 05 but its quite extensive let me know i can send you some copies of the basics ,john tweed heads ,ps car sounds like quite a score !

The Aisin box goes with the high torque HDI engines. This car is a petrol model.

Well he she is, as purchased $1500. Clean the headlights today + front seats. Fit a new timing & accessory belt kit next week.
Does the water pump need replacing in these jobs & 4 speed auto ~ what service is recommended @ over 117K km?

20220402_085855.jpg20220402_085913.jpg20220402_085924.jpg20220402_090008.jpg

They are filled for life! My guess is that it's had two lives by now.

The body is sound, so why did a wrecker get it? Have you put a code reader onto the car?

Apparently they are paying higher prices than ever before & get good cars in. Just happened to call in @ the right time.
No engine or warning lights on & drove on unregistered permit @ least 30km no issues, just beautiful, touch wood.

Hi.

When you take any wheels off, don’t allow them to drop or lay down onto the spoked side, as the flat surface of the spokes near the rim can impact onto concrete and become aesthetically damaged.

I liked the 307's but I havn't experienced the petrols engines only 2Lt HDi with 6S Aisin auto.