307 HDi16 Oil type

You didn't say which HDI engine you have. Letters 6-7-8 of the VIN will tell us. C2 low ash oil, 5w-30 for an engine of your car's age. Some engines require 0w-30

Peugeot recommends Total Quartz Ineo ECS, which is hard to get, though it's much easier to find in the northern rivers and Qld (Onshore Oils).

Others which have Peugeot approval include Mobil 1 ESP, and Shell Helix Ultra Extra. Many of us are using Penrite's C2 grade product.

If your car has a particle filter low ash oil is mandatory. It is highly recommended otherwise.

It will be RHR 2005 plus in the 307 and I would strongly recommend blocking the egr to save the inlet. Easy on RHR. Even a retune is avail for about $200. Ask Coles in Lismore they are nice enough surely?

Of course 307s have the 1.6l HDi (I have 2 of them sitting at home) - introduced in 2005, same year as RHR - not sure if they are 16 valve though.
It's the engine that has so much trouble with leaking injectors, blocked turbo feed lines etc.
As seasink says, same oil anyway.

You didn't say which HDI engine you have. Letters 6-7-8 of the VIN will tell us. C2 low ash oil, 5w-30 for an engine of your car's age. Some engines require 0w-30

Peugeot recommends Total Quartz Ineo ECS, which is hard to get, though it's much easier to find in the northern rivers and Qld (Onshore Oils).

Others which have Peugeot approval include Mobil 1 ESP, and Shell Helix Ultra Extra. Many of us are using Penrite's C2 grade product.

If your car has a particle filter low ash oil is mandatory. It is highly recommended otherwise.
Thanks, the C2, has been stressed. Thanks

It will be RHR 2005 plus in the 307 and I would strongly recommend blocking the egr to save the inlet. Easy on RHR. Even a retune is avail for about $200. Ask Coles in Lismore they are nice enough surely?
I think Mark is the guy now looking after Peugeot since the demice of Coles

I think Mark is the guy now looking after Peugeot since the demice of Coles
Sad to hear, lost a good friend down there and now hearing this there is less reason to visit Lismore. I bought his 407 RHR wagon. MY mate since passed would be gutted to hear this, he was a friend of the owner too. Visited once with him, intersting experience.

The ex Coles of Lismore mechanic Mark is alive and well and very busy servicing Peugs from Noth Coast, and elsewhere, as the Peug dealer in Port Macquarie also closed their Rampant Lion doors. He is pretty savvy too in working out how to be able to get 3.5 lts of oil out of the 6 speed auto box when doing partial oil changes.

I presume that's Rose Automotive Repairs in South Lismore.