306 XTDT to 307 HDi?

The 405s WERE intercooled, it said so in writing on the side!

Graham Wallis

GRAHAM WALLIS said:
The 405s WERE intercooled, it said so in writing on the side!

Graham Wallis

thats right graham
i just thought the 306's weren't
i was always lead to believe that the only difference between the 306 and 405 was the intercooler or lack of in the case of the 306

STALLED said:
Wow, 14kw for just donking a intercooler on the HDI! I was surprised that this much power would be available! This would bring the HDI motor up to 80kw (correct me if i am wrong) Certainly no hot hatch but pretty good considering its a economy based diesel!
This is the engine that we *should* have as a minimum in the 307 Touring, but PAA won't bring the engine down with current diesel standards as it is equipped with the FAP particulate filter. The 90HP engine we have doesn't have this filter.

If you think that's good - look at the new HDi135, a 100kW 16V 2.0 turbodiesel with an impressive 320Nm from 2000rpm, or 340Nm temporarily available with overboost. Significantly better than the 110HP model, and miles ahead of the 90HP lump we have. This diesel certainly can hold its head up high against the petrol equivalent.

2990.jpg

The thing is - its fuel consumption is only 0.2l/100km higher than the 110HP HDi! There's a small hint about this HDi's performance over other HDis.

2991.jpg

If the pricing premium were reasonable over the 2.0 16V petrol car, I'd buy it.​

What looks good in the upcoming diesels is the new 2.7 V6 developed by the PSA group! Shame it probably wont come to Australia though as super clean diesel is needed for such a high tech engine!

Cya Stalled

STALLED said:
What looks good in the upcoming diesels is the new 2.7 V6 developed by the PSA group! Shame it probably wont come to Australia though as super clean diesel is needed for such a high tech engine!

Cya Stalled

thats the engine that has been developed for ford and is in use in the new turbo diesel jag and is going into the new mondeo as far as i know

STALLED said:
New diesel standards kick in for 2005, Peugeot is trying to bring the 2.7 HDi V6 to Australia in the 407.

Dad's 306XTDT is a 96 model and has not been modified we got it from Garden Motors in Melbourne. And it was definaterly always intercooled as the badge on the back dore say ""dieslt terbo intercooled"" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However as mentioned above, dad's mechanic says that it suffers greatly from our shitty diesle. :cry: