306 Tyre

That included wheel balance etc... and probably a nice profit for Bob.

Would your choice still be the Dunlop FM 901

Any idea of the price I should be paying for them or the others?

What would be a estimate of kms that can be done on them?

Cheers

Last edited:
~$180, fitted and balance quoting is a wank. Who buys tyres without fitting and balancing? Not saying it's not a cost, but to say is it a bit silly.

You should get 30,000km out of them, but depends on your driving and how many track days you do, obviously.

What is the total for tyres and wheel balance that you would be expecting to be paying with your nominated choices?

Is there any tyre shops around Drummoyne that you would recommend?

Call Brendon at Don Cornell Tyres in Bexley in 9502 4666. Best prices I have ever found. He's worth the drive for, the guys at Bob Jane at Drummoyne can't match his prices even at Mate's rates.

So, $180 x 4 = $720. Done deal. FM901 and AVS ES100 are the same price. Piolot Precedas are around $220 each, I think, so $880. Call Brendon, he'll sort you out.

Be warned, he will recommend Sumitomo HTRZ IIs to you. They are a very good tyre too, and if you're on a budget aren't a bad choice at all. I comment on them in the 195/55R15 thread.

Slick, yep, I'm pretty certain they are. Check the tyre placard inside the door sill which has your pressure readings and standard tyre size.

- Lincoln

GTI124 said:
So, $180 x 4 = $720. Done deal. FM901 and AVS ES100 are the same price. Piolot Precedas are around $220 each, I think, so $880. Call Brendon, he'll sort you out.

Is that the best price or the average price of Pilot Precedas??

I will need new tyres in the next month all 4 unfortunately :disappr:

Another question, can any of you guys get off-car wheel balance for the wheels with no center hole.

Cheers
Billy

BW205 said:

Another question, can any of you guys get off-car wheel balance for the wheels with no center hole.

Cheers
Billy

the last 2 tyres i stuck on the front of the car were balanced off the car without any centre hole and they are near perfect
they have the slightest of vibration at 140km/h and dissappears right after that
and it is so slight you have to know it's there to realise

BW205 said:
Pugrambo,

Did they have to use a special adapter plate for it to use the normal balancing machine??

Cheers
Billy

yes they did
they can do it without it by pulling the machine apart but they won't tell you that
a few places have the adaptors but the thing is watch them when they use it as they like to shortcut when they have something in there that is out of the ordinary and as most people really hate working too hard for their $$ they tend to take a shortcut
the best bloke i went to was a windscreen and tyres place in mudgee and he owned a 505

BW205 said:

Cheers
Billy

In Brisbane you'll need to call around. I found last time I was there on a holiday that prices were more expensive than Sydney, so see how you go.

I need to do off car balancing on the GTi6 as there is an after market LSD on it, so you can't do on car balancing. Bob Janes are good at that kind of thing. I'm about ready to chuck them and get some nice XSi rims though. As pretty as the GTi6 rims are, the vibrations at 130kph+ are just annoying.

GTI124 said:
Slick, yep, I'm pretty certain they are. Check the tyre placard inside the door sill which has your pressure readings and standard tyre size.
- Lincoln

yeah you were right. I thought that was just for tyre pressures :)

btw when I bought my car it had different brand tyres on the front and the 2 back ones are diffrent as well. Is it good to run diffrent brands (2 on front and 2 diff on rear) ?

pugrambo said:
yes they did
they can do it without it by pulling the machine apart but they won't tell you that
a few places have the adaptors but the thing is watch them when they use it as they like to shortcut when they have something in there that is out of the ordinary and as most people really hate working too hard for their $$ they tend to take a shortcut
the best bloke i went to was a windscreen and tyres place in mudgee and he owned a 505

Where is Mudgee??:mallet:

Cheers
Billy

slick said:
yeah you were right. I thought that was just for tyre pressures :)

btw when I bought my car it had different brand tyres on the front and the 2 back ones are diffrent as well. Is it good to run diffrent brands (2 on front and 2 diff on rear) ?

It's not ideal, but it's not the end of the world. i did with the FM901s and P6000s as I was transitioning.

slick said:
It's not a huge issue - ideally you wouldn't have that though.

The most important thing is not to mix tyres on the same axle - ie. having a Pirelli on your left wheel and a Yokohama on the right wheel, etc.

Ken Graham at Accurate Suspension at Woodridge has the adapter to
do these wheels or three stud Renaults. Don't know what charge. PH 3808 2878
He won't open again until the 5th Jan.

tyres!!!

Dr. 306 said:
That included wheel balance etc... and probably a nice profit for Bob.

Would your choice still be the Dunlop FM 901

Any idea of the price I should be paying for them or the others?

What would be a estimate of kms that can be done on them?

Cheers

Baurepairs in crows nest is doing FM901's for 170 each at the moment...Im changing my 205/50 Yoko A539's to FM901 195/55 right now....

mmm...CORNERS said:
Baurepairs in crows nest is doing FM901's for 170 each at the moment...Im changing my 205/50 Yoko A539's to FM901 195/55 right now....
That's a GREAT price. If anyone is thinking about new tyres, get these NOW!