306 instrument light replacement

rek

1000+ Posts
I think we've discussed this before here, but I can't find the thread on it. :( Anyway..

There are two instrument lights that have given up the ghost on my 306. The first is a fairly common one I think, it's the left hand side of the backlight for the clock/temperature display. The other one is the 'active' light for the rear demister -- just this evening I noticed that it is dimly lit (as normal for when you have the headlights on), but it never got brighter when I turned the demister on.

Does anyone know how easy it is to replace these globes, and if so, how it's done?

Cheers!

I have a similar problem on the instrument cluster. There are three dials, one for the fan speed, climate control? and dimister dial. The backlight on the dimister dial has gone out. Does anyone know how to get into it to replace the bulb?

Also the fan has started to chirp after it has been on for a while, could be the fan blades or bearing...any clues how to get to it as well to lubricate or something to fix the noise which is driving me crazy