306 gti6 exhaust bolt washer orientation?

jimmyhackers

Tadpole
Tadpole
just wondering, with the gti6 exhaust bolts you get a cup washer and an other "special" washer per bolt (2)

these special washers have a flat side and a rounded side....just wondering if ive put mine on right....the flat side of it is against the spring.

also, the flange +bolts n springs kit came with two long and two short bolts....the short bolts were waaay to short and the long ones are fine, just wondering if anyone knows what the short ones were/are for?

Is this the it?
IMG_6659.jpeg

yes thats bolts...but i cant see the second washer im on about in your install/picture.

is there a chance you seated the 2nd washer im on about inside the cup washer?

well.... ive installed mine on the wrong side of the spring :D

and my kit only came with two of the washer, that diagram shows i need 4 :s

that diagram still isnt clear on the washer orientation though.

I don't think there is a washer on the head of the bolt on the engine side. That bolt has a ball shaped underside to the head which fit's into the adapter cup that sits against the exhaust flange. That and the conical exhaust gasket allow the exhaust to pivot around and flex.
If you are talking about the washers that have holes or dimples on one side, I don't think it matters which way they go.

If you have an aftermarket set up, they typically don't have the special ball-and-cup bolt...just a flat head bolt. Meaning the washer would go under the head of the bolt and the 'cup' goes between the spring and the nut.