306 DTS Wiring problem!!

iceno9

Fellow Frogger
Hi All,

I have a problem with my 306. With the ignition key removed i get various lights lit up on the dash such as STOP/Oil preasure and my heater plug lights are on. This would suggest that the key is in the second position ready to start the engine (which is a turbo diesel).

Its not the ignition switch, and i traced the fault FROM the fusebox and discovered that if i remove wire B156, the problem is cured. If 12V is applied to this pin i get the fault. This would suggest that this wire is shorted to the supply wire to the dash/fuel cutoff/heater plugs etc etc.

Heres the problem.....
I dont know what B156 wire is....in the wiring diagrams for my year of car ('96) it is not there!!!! In the '97 model wiring diagram, it has something to do with the fan thermostat control....but since my model is 96, what do i do to find the fault?!?

Thanks
Matt

you sure it's not a bad earth somewhere

i have the complete 306 wiring manual here somewhere but be warned it is a fair size
let me know if you want a copy emailed to you to work it out
otherwise if you give me some time i might be able to find the relevant pages for you and post them in here for you
i emailed them to another frogger on here as well
i thnk the file is over 5mb but i can't remember for sure

let me know

iceno9 said:
Hi All,

I have a problem with my 306. With the ignition key removed i get various lights lit up on the dash such as STOP/Oil preasure and my heater plug lights are on. This would suggest that the key is in the second position ready to start the engine (which is a turbo diesel).

Its not the ignition switch, and i traced the fault FROM the fusebox and discovered that if i remove wire B156, the problem is cured. If 12V is applied to this pin i get the fault. This would suggest that this wire is shorted to the supply wire to the dash/fuel cutoff/heater plugs etc etc.

Heres the problem.....
I dont know what B156 wire is....in the wiring diagrams for my year of car ('96) it is not there!!!! In the '97 model wiring diagram, it has something to do with the fan thermostat control....but since my model is 96, what do i do to find the fault?!?

Thanks
Matt
Dose your car have an oil level gauge..?

Thanks Guys,

Please can you e-mail the entire wiring diagram to matt.stevens@siemens.com
Im sure it will be useful in the future anyway!!!

Let me know if you know the appropriate page too to save me looking!

No i dont have an oil level guage.

Thanks
Matt