306 and 405 V6 Conversion

buzzedmi16

Fellow Frogger
From: <a href="http://www.ecosse-peugeot.co.uk" target="_blank">http://www.ecosse-peugeot.co.uk</a>
V6 Conversion
This is the daddy engine of the Peugeot range. Due to its massive size and complex set up there are few models this engine be shoe horned into. The 306, 405 and 406 are the only contenders for this fabulous lump in the engine bay

From £5,000.00+vat (£5,875.00)

be a pretty awesome conversion...

MMM, always wondered if this engine could fit in a 306. Weight aside, it would be a beautiful donk to squeeze into one.

And over here in NZ, a early 90's 605 V6 starts at only NZ$2000 complete ! I even advertised a 12 Valve 3.0L 605 V6 earlier this year. There are a few 605's being wrecked over here. Engine,box (I've only seen auto ones here) and driveshafts would be a pretty good start for a 405 conversion.

I couldn't use the front-drive 605 V6 engine as the dissy popped out the wrong end of the beast for mounting in my old 505.

Jason

$2,000!!!!! Is that for a going one? What are 405s worth in NZ? I knew cars were cheaper in NZ, but I didn't know that they were that cheap!

Ok, ive been there asked that.
PSA V6 in a 306 has been done. Eccosse did this... its a tight fit but, lots of thing get relocated, mucks up the 306 handling, oil pan sits about 150mm from the ground, and HOW DO YOU CHANGE THE SPARK PLUGS ON THE HEAD THAT IS UP AGAINST THE FIREWALL??!!
As for NZ cars they are very cheap, and i got quoted $1750 for a private container, or $900 as part of regular cargo from NZ, plus lading Tax....mmm - chris

wouldn't the plugs be on the valley side of the heads ???
which puts them in the middle of the engine

normal PRV V6's are all in the valley

605 V6 wont fit into a 306/405 and there's not much point, not that powerful standard anyway.

3.0 V6 (406) has been done about a dozen times in the 306.

pugrambo:
wouldn't the plugs be on the valley side of the heads ???
which puts them in the middle of the engine

normal PRV V6's are all in the valley
Ok, this i din't know, nor really worried either.
As Andreas said its been done. I assumed we were all talking about the 3.0 V6.... - chris

i have seen a few pics of 306's that have been done and i can't really see the point
ok 200hp standard but why upset the handling of the perfect 306 ??
200hp is as far as i know fairly obtainable from the 4 pot :D

@ 200 Hp the rest of the drive train becomes VERY questionable. drive shafts, spesh the LHS ones are weak in the 5spd and no much better in the gti-6. And im sure we all know abot those lovely engine mounts.
But i agree, id prefer forced induction before a bigger block.... in a 306, its about the handling. -chris

<small>[ 23 September 2003, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: CHRI'S16 ]</small>

CHRI'S16:
@ 200 Hp the rest of the drive train becomes VERY questionable. drive shafts, spesh the LHS ones are weak in the 5spd and no much better in the gti-6. And im sure we all know abot those lovely engine mounts.
But i agree, id prefer forced induction before a bigger block.... in a 306, its about the handling. -chris
what is it about the shafts in a GTi-6 ???
they seem a lot bigger than a standard 306
i have also heard that the 6spd is basically the same box they used in the maxi
i know as most on here do that i don't drive mine very hard and never really have done
i give it a few revs about once every 3-4 months
through the gears but thats about it so i'd say mine will be a very long lasting drivetrain and engine
i think i have only ever hit the rev limiter twice the whole time i have owned it

Remebering 100+ Kw driven through a FWD is harsh in most cars, for some reason several persons who have used 306's in comp complain of 2 things, Shafts and engine, mounts. These two are also the most commonly sold parts in the UK motorsprt sites. Funily i havn;t broken a shaft but the 2serviec centers i use have shown me lots of twisted ones that vibrate at hi speeds and several snapped ones.
the Gti-6 ones are the thickest, but the higher tourque/Hp, shorter ratios and driving habits of owners hinder their life span, having said this there is no reason why a properly driven daily driver wont take the daily grind. Hence why i stated that @ 200Hp or more the drive train starts to show its weakness. considering that 200bhp is 40 more than factory and about 141Kw rufly.- chris

Remebering 100+ Kw driven through a FWD is harsh in most cars, for some reason several persons who have used 306's in comp complain of 2 things, Shafts and engine, mounts. These two are also the most commonly sold parts in the UK motorsprt sites. Funily i havn;t broken a shaft but the 2serviec centers i use have shown me lots of twisted ones that vibrate at hi speeds and several snapped ones.
the Gti-6 ones are the thickest, but the higher tourque/Hp, shorter ratios and driving habits of owners hinder their life span, having said this there is no reason why a properly driven daily driver wont take the daily grind. Hence why i stated that @ 200Hp or more the drive train starts to show its weakness. considering that 200bhp is 40 more than factory and about 141Kw rufly.- chris

in that case mine should last forever
it gets oil changes through time not distance travelled
it travels on average around 3-5000km's a year and gets a run through the revs up to around 5-6000rpm about 2-3 times a year once fully warmed up of course and out on the open road without exeding the speed limit by much especially if the family is in the car :D

so you bought a gti-6 because?? just jokes sean. cheers - chris

ps you still trying to sell it?
pss sorry to drift from the thread

CHRI'S16:
so you bought a gti-6 because?? just jokes sean. cheers - chris

ps you still trying to sell it?
pss sorry to drift from the thread
because how could i go backwards from a series one Mi-16 :D :D
i think about it every now and then but at the moment i might hang onto it
but if someone came along and said wanna swap for a 406SV manual i may be tempted :D