3008 Service Interval

sheusz2000

Fellow Frogger
I notice that the service interval for my 3008 (1.6l Petrol Auto) is 12months/20km OR 12months/15000km depending on model/engine. Since new the car has had the following services.

2,500km initial service/inspection
16,000km service (January 2019)

The next service, according to the dealers sticker, is at 36,000km (or January 2020)

The car is about to hit 30,000km

I haven't been able to find anywhere in the documentation/manuals that tells me which service schedule I should follow, or indeed, what is required at each scheduled service.

Presumably the dealer knows all of this, however with what has been going on here in Newcastle, I'd just like to know for my own peace of mind.

With the 7year warranty I have on this car I probably shouldn't be concerned, but to my way of thinking, 20k between services is too long, and I believe that prevention is better than a cure. I had my 307 for 15 years (nearly 300k) without engine issues.

If 20k service interval is correct, then I'll probably look at doing intermediate oil/oil filter changes every 10k, unless engine & oil technology has progressed so far as to make this unnecessary.

Any thoughts from the brains trust?

Under severe conditions...

My 2008 manual suggests 15,000 km interval, unless under “extreme conditions”

Extreme conditions include stop-start driving, dusty roads etc etc - that is “normal” driving conditions for most people in Australia

I’ve taken to getting my service done at 10-12 k rather than the “ideal conditions” 15k. I’d assume the 3008 could take the same. Go to an independent serviceman as well, just for good measure......

In Britain intervals are longer and new car sales margins are much fatter.
In Australia (with no salted winter roads) intervals are shorter but margins are much tighter.
Dealerships find ways to survive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any thoughts from the brains trust?
Currently, the service details are found on their website here:

Assured Service Price Promise

Click on your model, then fine tune the details and click "Get the price" and the service interval then the service items are listed. Currently it lists the 3008 at 12mth/20k intervals.

The VIN lookup tool doesn't appear to work for current models.

It's probably ok with 12mth intervals, but I'd also be tempted to change oil at 10k if I was doing 20k/year.

My 208 GTi (12mth/20k intervals) hit 12mth at around the 15-16k mark so I just kept the 12mth schedule.

Last edited: