3008 1.6l Petrol - Check oil Level Warning

sheusz2000

Fellow Frogger
Hey guys!

Over the last few months my 3008 started giving me low oil warnings (to top it up, not critical). The first time this came up I checked the level and it was above 1/2 on the dipstick. I added about 200ml checked the dipstick again and it was up to about 3/4.

The warning is coming up again nearly every time I start the car. The oil level physically is totally fine, no issues, no leaks, no mechanical problems.

The warning does appear before I start the car. When I get it in the car it is already flashing. It does, however, not appear again if the car is turned off and then turned back on. Before I thought that this is because when the engine starts, the oil naturally rises and the sensor is "satisfied", but I have now discovered that even just turning the power off and on is enough is enough to clear the warning.

So, I get low oil level warning despite its being nearly full, then I turn on the power without switching the engine itself on, the warning beeps, and immediately after that I turn the power off and ignite the engine. The warning doesn't comes on again.

I think that this hints that this is purely sensor/electrical/software failure.

Car has 119k on it and it the 1'6l petrol version (chain not belt) and is due for a service in shortly, but I wanted to see if there is any knowledge here about this. I've read on other forums where others have been experiencing the same issue, but seen no resolution.

I have never seen this false message on my EP6DT engine car, but the RHH 2.0 L diesel displays it often. The sensor was changed when under warranty twice but it has never gone away.

With the diesel, parking on a very steep driveway nose up invariably causes the message when the engine is restarted, presumably because the oil has sloshed away from the sensor. The odd thing is that the message can hang around constantly for a fortnight after the car has returned to the level.

Just out of curiosity have you checked the connector for the sensor?

I have never seen this false message on my EP6DT engine car, but the RHH 2.0 L diesel displays it often. The sensor was changed when under warranty twice but it has never gone away.

With the diesel, parking on a very steep driveway nose up invariably causes the message when the engine is restarted, presumably because the oil has sloshed away from the sensor. The odd thing is that the message can hang around constantly for a fortnight after the car has returned to the level.
Our late VW T6.1 diesel had a very sensitive oil level sensor from new and was eventually fixed buy a software update.
I would clear the codes after correcting the oil level and take it from there. Could then need a trip to a dealer.
Alain

Hey guys!

Over the last few months my 3008 started giving me low oil warnings (to top it up, not critical). The first time this came up I checked the level and it was above 1/2 on the dipstick. I added about 200ml checked the dipstick again and it was up to about 3/4.

The warning is coming up again nearly every time I start the car. The oil level physically is totally fine, no issues, no leaks, no mechanical problems.

The warning does appear before I start the car. When I get it in the car it is already flashing. It does, however, not appear again if the car is turned off and then turned back on. Before I thought that this is because when the engine starts, the oil naturally rises and the sensor is "satisfied", but I have now discovered that even just turning the power off and on is enough is enough to clear the warning.

So, I get low oil level warning despite its being nearly full, then I turn on the power without switching the engine itself on, the warning beeps, and immediately after that I turn the power off and ignite the engine. The warning doesn't comes on again.

Car has 119k on it and it the 1'6l petrol version (chain not belt) and is due for a service in shortly, but I wanted to see if there is any knowledge here about this. I've read on other forums where others have been experiencing the same issue, but seen no resolution.
Hey there, do you have any updates on this error please? I have the same car/engine and recently started behaving similarly to what you're describing. The low oil level warning came on after parking the car on an incline, but later on the warning comes on before each start, as soon as I get in the car, the oil sign flashes on the display. After turning on, off and again on the engine, the warning is gone. Let me know please if you've found a solution for this. Thanks a lot!

I’ve experienced this warning with my wife’s 3008. It does the same thing on inclines and the warning goes off once the car is started and then turned off and back on. I have raised the issue when the car has gone in for a service and have been told that this is a common occurrence with this model! However, is frustrating to have to keep topping up between services.

My C5 was on an extremely steep driveway last November. Two months later it still bothers me about oil level, every day. I checked it today by dipstick - all good.

Hey guys!

Hey there. Did you get any feedback from the mechanic regarding this? Thanks