3.0 V6 ES9J Engine temperature control problem. (In a 407 Coupe with 116k on the clock) Help needed.

I have a shelf full of spare AC compressors here. You're welcome to one.

Reactions: COL
IMG_2583.jpeg
Here’s a pic of the details of the compressor

PROBLEM RESOLVED!!
To round this thread out, replacing the thermostat and seals, (sourced from EAU), a system flush and new correct coolant has the engine temp acting correctly. Which means the thermostat is now correctly sliding in it's outer seal. This is a different setup to the normal way thermostats function, which is what had me flummoxed. Also the A/C fix which came up later in the conversation is fixed - tho not without some running around and help from an AussieFrogger (thank you Demannu!)

Thank you all who contributed suggestions, Your assistance and guidance was greatly appreciated.
See you on the road somewhere!!
(Tho I do have a little problem with the heater controls, so I guess I'll be back here soon about that as well)

Problem solved folks, with a new thermostat and sliding seal. Back to a steady 85C or so once engine warm. Thanks to all for your considered replies and support. A/C also functioning after replacing throw-in coil on compressor

Problem solved folks, with a new thermostat and sliding seal. Back to a steady 85C or so once engine warm. Thanks to all for your considered replies and support. A/C also functioning after replacing throw-in coil on compressor
Great to hear - not often someone expresses concern about their engine running too cool, ad even rarer for them to find (and fix) the cause!!