2CV on the road

Ended up prysing the rubber gromment behind the steering wheel enough to allow oil can nozzle to fit & squirt some oil down the tube.
If it happens again I will tap a thread & stick a grease plug on the column!
Washed & polished & went for a drive to Wivenhoe Dam this arvo.
Pictures attached of clean duck.

Attachments

• dolly5.jpg
    dolly5.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 454
  • dolly6.jpg
    dolly6.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 489
Looks absolutely stunning Gib, congratulations!!

Time to supercharge it :headbang:

Just did 400 miles in the 2CV, Brisbane to Kingaroy & up the Bunya mountains & back over 3 days.
Fitted the new interior earlier in the week. It matches the plum & custard paint work pretty much...
Some more piccy's.

:cheers:

Attachments

• dolly9.jpg
    dolly9.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 209
  • dolly10.jpg
    dolly10.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 188
  • dolly11.jpg
    dolly11.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 225
  • dolly12.jpg
    dolly12.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 189
gibgib said:
Just did 400 miles in the 2CV, Brisbane to Kingaroy & up the Bunya mountains & back over 3 days.
Fitted the new interior earlier in the week. It matches the plum & custard paint work pretty much...
Some more piccy's.

:cheers:

Top shots Gerry, can't think of another car that would fit into those scenes and evoke the same feelings.. just lovely :approve:

Cheers
Chris

Great shots. Hope you don't mind if I post some piccies here in this thread too...I just want to show that there are also like-minded 2CV enthusiasts here on aussiefrogs as well! I'm back in February for another trip to various parts of Australia, maybe we could get 'em together :D :cheers:

Attachments

• 2CV Tumbarumba.jpg
    2CV Tumbarumba.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 190
  • SA Distances.jpg
    SA Distances.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 183
  • Endless Desert Road.jpg
    Endless Desert Road.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 190
  • Nymagee.jpg
    Nymagee.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 179
TinSnail1 said:
Great shots. Hope you don't mind if I post some piccies here in this thread too...I just want to show that there are also like-minded 2CV enthusiasts here on aussiefrogs as well! I'm back in February for another trip to various parts of Australia, maybe we could get 'em together :D :cheers:

Cool by me.

Where did you put the reverse light on you tin snail?
What did you do to switch them on/ off?

chris said:
That Bond 2CV had a GS engine in it :whistle:

Chris
Yes, it has a GS 1220 engine, and live hydraulics. It still even has the arrester hook underneath, used when the car jumps across a road. It's similar to the hook on a navy jetfighter. I've not seen the car, but I know the guy who owns it....a bigger citroen nerd you will never meet! He's on the board of directors of the UK CCC.
john s

gibgib said:
Cool by me.

Where did you put the reverse light on you tin snail?
What did you do to switch them on/ off?

It sounds crude, but very effective! I had a 2CV guy in Perth fit a small switch to the firewall, attached to a chain, to the gear lever under the bonnet. So when the lever is moved into reverse, it pulls the chain, which pulls the switch and therefore turns the reverse light on! It's wired through the fuse that powers the fog light, which has been removed and a reverse light put in it's place.

I'm in the UK now but when I get back in Feb I can take pics and you'll see what I mean!