2CV advertising

johnh875

Fellow Frogger
Can anyone point me to the funny ads Citroen UK used for the 2CV, eg the one about overtaking the Ferrari, same number of wheels as a Roller one?

Thanks

Hi there, here is the ad, my apologies for the scanning, it seems my scanner is having an off day! If you need a better copy I would be happy to do a photocopy of the original & send you one, PM me if you like with details. :cheers:

Attachments

• 2CVad.jpg
    2CVad.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 780
Checked scanned image & cant read the smaller print so I thought I would add it here as it is quite funny:

FASTER THAN A FERRARI
Traveling flat out @ 71.5mph the Citroen 2CV will easily overtake the Ferrari Mondial traveling @ 65mph.

AS MANY WHEELS AS A ROLLS ROYCE
The (insert Pound sign here)55,240 Rolls-Royce Silver Spirit. How many wheels? Four. The (insert Pound sign here)2,584 Citroen 2CV. How many wheels? Exactly the same.

MORE ROOM THAN A PORSCHE
With a possible 30cu. ft. boot space there's no need for one of those plastic luggage racks on our little run-about.

THE (insert Pound sign here)2,584 CITROEN 2CV
All you'll ever need in a car.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :citroen: :snail:

Last edited:
2 cv advertising

There was also the line about central locking...the doors are close enough for you to lock them from the driver's seat...just reach over !

Thanks zykyra, that's the one I was thinking of! :roflmao:

I love those adverts they are so good. Also loved the BX one "loves driving hates garages"......:roflmao: