206GTi Electrics

XTC

VIC: a fine driving state
1000+ Posts
This has me stumped .. jump into the pug, start down the road, doesn't look that bright, the headlights have gone off. The dash still says they are on. All other lights work (high beam, fogs etc) .. gonna pull the globes to check I'm not going crazy. Turned everything off and back on again, nothing. Reset the autoheadlights, nothing. This is very very stange.

- XTC206 -

Hi my reply did not post. In essence the suggestion was check the low beam relay - an auto sparky can checkin minutes.

Cheers ... Nick

It seems impossible but BOTH globes blew together .. and they where both working about 500m before (when I pulled out the garage I can see a reflection) .. blown pretty badly too, something strange going on there ..

All it means is I'll have to source some new Diamond or Crystal Vision Phillips Globes. :)

- XTC206 -

XTC206 said:
It seems impossible but BOTH globes blew together .. and they where both working about 500m before (when I pulled out the garage I can see a reflection) .. blown pretty badly too, something strange going on there ..

All it means is I'll have to source some new Diamond or Crystal Vision Phillips Globes. :)

- XTC206 -

Better get an auto sparky check the relay while using K-Mart bulbs before blowing a pair of Crystal / Diamond Vision!

Also, if you get the Diamond Vision, can you please let us know your thoughts? I've recently installed Crystal Vision (very Ex, and doesn't come with free W5W sidelights, good thing I had some 'white light' ones from Osram already) and am pretty happy with the result. The headlights are definitely 'white' when looking from the outside; but from the driver's perspective, you don't really see that much 'white' on the road / reflected off other car's. I found that the best white effect I got was from buying japanese made (could be made in Taiwan) 100W bulbs. However, I didn't want too much heat to damage anything this time around and stuck with the Philips Crystal vision for main low beam and used Osram 'ultra-white' (can't remember the exact name) for high beam, fog lights & side lights. I find that the Osram are an extremely economical alternative to Philips in that a pair cost $35-39 as opposed to the Blue Vision at $80 and Crystal Vision at $125! Hence Philips for low beam and Osram for everything else. The Osram as definitely not as 'white' as Philips but does the job well enought (considering you don't use high beam and fog for everyday around town driving).

Cheers guys.
-Mark

ean36 said:
Better get an auto sparky check the relay while using K-Mart bulbs before blowing a pair of Crystal / Diamond Vision! -Mark
TA .. might just do that (or get the dealer to do that).

Thinking of doing a bulk buy for Phillips globes (I have a source or two) - when I get prices any other WA froggers interested ?

- XTC206 -

XTC206 said:
TA .. might just do that (or get the dealer to do that).

Thinking of doing a bulk buy for Phillips globes (I have a source or two) - when I get prices any other WA froggers interested ?

- XTC206 -

I'm interested. Especially would like to find out if the Diamond vision is any better than Crystal Vision.

ean36 said:
I'm interested. Especially would like to find out if the Diamond vision is any better than Crystal Vision.
I'll keep you informed of what I find ... but won't be shippng globes interstate .. don't want to be responsible for those that get lost/broken/stolen etc.

- XTC206 -