206 GTI 138hp Exhaust

guv

Tadpole
Hi all I have a 2002 206 GTI 138 which I’m about to register as my daily drive early next month if all goes to plan. All of the mechanical stuff has been done now including new timing belt and clutch plus a lot of suspension work as she was in very poor condition. The exhaust is ok for road worthy and registration purposes but is a hotch botch job that needs to be sorted. At the moment I have 2 options which are as follows;
I have a 180 manifold, cat and centre section but no rear silencer so I could fit all of this and use the original rear box or a new rear silencer.
The 2nd option is that I have a sports manifold for the 138hp engine which is 4-2-1 then use the 180 cat and intermediate pipe which will mean a lot of cutting and welding to make it all fit.
My question is if I use any of the 180 exhaust will I loose any power as the 180 exhaust is a larger diameter.
Which do you think would be my best option I don’t want a loud exhaust as I’m not 18 anymore plus at 100km/h the engine is at 3,000rpm and it would drive me nuts if it was too loud.
Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated thanks in Advance.

Speak with your local muffler bloke about having a noise free exhaust

Speak with your local muffler bloke about having a noise free exhaust
Yeah I’m going to try Blitz Exhausts they are meant to be very good and they are very local to me which is useful. I think I’m going to fit the 180 manifold, cat and intermediate pipe and then have a custom rear muffler it saves all the cutting and welding