205 Si

BIGRR

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Anyone view the gray Si on "carsales''.

Appears to be a very good low km 205.

Pity about the auto.

(Oh, and the dress rims would have to go!).

So that's the colour my interior should be!
That looks like a tidy little car, but that's a lot of cash..

If anyone were looking for a nice Si why wouldn't you buy Cam85's? A real honey of a car, manual, and too cheap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the plug Rich.

The grey car is in the same condition. But yes, a Manual transmission.

Cam

Anyone view the gray Si on "carsales''.

Appears to be a very good low km 205.

Pity about the auto.

(Oh, and the dress rims would have to go!).

Are you referring to the charcoal colored one with hubcaps in vic? If so i looked at it. Its been advertised for well over 6 months. Its nice enough but Its not a perfect car and buyer is not negotiable. I considered it when i was looking for a gti but turned off by the auto. It has the usual 205 rippled body a few shopping trolly dents plus a few odd bits and pieces on it. Id probley buy cams si if it were in melb.

Yep the charcoal one with the "nice" dress rims and dice. I thought it may be as good as it looks in the crappy pics.

I considered that if perfect, I might swap the running gear from my GTi onto it and end up with a very nice vehicle. (ONLY THOUGHT THOUGH)!

Still looks a good car when compared to some of the 200,000+km Gtis on carsales. Doubt that there are too many originals in that order.

I have seen the cam85 Si, a very good buy at the price.

Attachments

• DSC00925.jpg
    DSC00925.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 213
Yep the charcoal one with the "nice" dress rims and dice. I thought it may be as good as it looks in the crappy pics.

I considered that if perfect, I might swap the running gear from my GTi onto it and end up with a very nice vehicle. (ONLY THOUGHT THOUGH)!

Still looks a good car when compared to some of the 200,000+km Gtis on carsales. Doubt that there are too many originals in that order.

I have seen the cam85 Si, a very good buy at the price.

that's exactly what I thought as at the time I was wrecking a s3 gti with a dead body. i was desperate for a good 205 and went as far as offering him $3500 as is no reg no rwc. he knocked it back. which im glad he did in hindsight as I picked up a better s2 gti for less. don't get me wrong it is pretty neat but like them all it needs work and like most 205s ive looked at it had the floor pushed up (from a hoist most likely) right on the really soft bit of the floor pan each side where the rubber drain plugs are!

RR my black 205 has already gone to another home.

The one I have for sale is white and manual and almost mint. Besides the work required to the motor/gearbox the body is very very good. The interior is like new.

Cam

RR my black 205 has already gone to another home.

The one I have for sale is white and manual and almost mint. Besides the work required to the motor/gearbox the body is very very good. The interior is like new.

Cam

Non sunroof?

Has a sunroof. Works well and no leaks.

Cam

Just take out the driver's side tilt mechanism Robert! Cam's Si with your 16V motor and Cam's Gutman wheels would be a great car.

And if you put the original s3 engine back in your red car that would fetch more than enough money to pay for it all. If you've disposed of your S3 engine I've got one you can have that probably needs a head gasket.

Nuts (from the plant) taste good!

And we are keen...

Ive always wanted to have a go at converting an si into a gtsi. I have all the bits to do it just waiting for all the moons to align so i can have time money and the space to do it properly. Rallye arches look good as does just clean body 205s with no trims. Well maybe just custom rear arches?

I think Cam's idea was to put a 16V into the Si, Rallye arches, Rallye stickers and convert it to a Rallye look-alike as you suggest. If the only problem with the car at the moment is a dodgy clutch, you'd obviously fix that at the same time as putting in the XU10J4R. It would be a great car and look very cool. RR - Cam's white Si is much, much better than the auto black one.

I can attest to the difficulty of finding a good GTi to do a 16V conversion on. I looked for a long time before giving up and resorting to bare metal respray on a solid shell, recovering seats etc etc. A much more expensive exercise!

Last edited:
Thats your wifes problem though, isnt it?

Cam

I have a set of brand new rallye arches if anyone is interested.
I have been able to get 185 60 15 rally tyres under my Si guards so no need for the arches now.