205 SI heart transplant

1pugnut

Fellow Frogger
My 205 SI is getting a new heart
It's a gti6 motor, full 205 gti suspension drive shafts, vts box, quafe LSD, image.jpg
Are there any 205 SI's out there that are modified?
Regards Jamie

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 467
Yes, my rally car, 2 litre stroker engine, gti style suspension with MCA coil overs, 306 brakes, etc.

With that supra in the background that has to be gameon motorsports judging by where you are from Jamie?

That sounds like a big transformation, hope it all slots in for you. Happy driving soon.

Ouch on the doner car!

Nice, do you have any of the SI suspension left?

Yes, the rear arb. It has 20 mm rear tbs. No front arb. This is to give good articulation on rough roads, no problem with body roll and handling is excellent.

What's happening with the wheels on the donor?
And that strut brace, I like that! :)

Don't think the brace would fit with a standard si airbox anyway,
I'll get some of those wheels one day, I'm sure my favorite hammer will make 'em fit. :)

Don't think the brace would fit with a standard si airbox anyway,
I'll get some of those wheels one day, I'm sure my favorite hammer will make 'em fit. :)

you won't need your hammer they will fit straight on.

What year / model is the donor, I am after the top cover for the steering column, S1 in my case, they seem hard to find, black in colour so it seems? Is this at all possible?

The donor is obviously very well looked after, lots of work to keep it like that.

Thanks for even considering it!.

What year / model is the donor, I am after the top cover for the steering column, S1 in my case, they seem hard to find, black in colour so it seems? Is this at all possible?

The donor is obviously very well looked after, lots of work to keep it like that.

Thanks for even considering it!.

Hi Matt
My donor car is a series 3 gti the top cover for the steering column is totally diferent to the series 1, and yours should be grey.
Regards Jamie.

Indeed, thanks for the reply, it seems to be that too.

Hammer is for the wheel arches, and a hacksaw for the plastic bits.
I have got 185 60 15 rally tyres onto my Si with a lot of cutting and hitting. They do touch occasionally but OK.
If you don't want to use all the travel as I do then you may get away with less.

you won't need your hammer they will fit straight on.

Hammer is for the wheel arches, and a hacksaw for the plastic bits.
I have got 185 60 15 rally tyres onto my Si with a lot of cutting and hitting. They do touch occasionally but OK.
If you don't want to use all the travel as I do then you may get away with less.[/z

I don't have any problem with my Si and the wheels rubbing at the moment, as you can see I have 15in gti rims on it.
It might be a diferent story when I fit the lowered gti suspension.
I will keep you posted
Jamie.

Both these cars would have power steering, I am after the battery distribution bracket if the wreck has one?