205/mi16 It starts

neil

Fellow Frogger
Just thought I would let you guys know that the latest 205/mi16 started yesterday. dance

Once we put fluids in it took 30min to figure out that we had no power to fuel pump/ecu. We then managed to get power and bingo she started.

All that is left to do is fix the clutch and accelerator cable, do the rear suspension and it will be on the road. I can't wait.

A Full post of the conversion will be posted when I get the pictures developed.

Neil dance dance dance

Good work Neil. Just got the phone message. I'll ring back later.

Thanks Peter

I still have a problem with the gauges ie the water temp gauge. :confused:

Neil

Peter

Thanks for the email I wired up the light instead of the gauge.

Now I'm looking for a consensus on what size exhaust and plugs to run in the pug.

Thanks for your help guys

Neil
cheers! a_drink

Use 2.25", straight through muffler and resonator, but with a 2" tail pipe. Use quality mufflers, not cheapies (or hot dogs). Don't get sucked into a 2.5" with a 3" rice burning tip.

I'd be using a 2.25" mandrell system or 2.5" press bent system depending on the $$$$ that you want to spend. That way you give yourself some scope for mods to be catered for.

However if you were going to be going for LOTS of mods later on I'd be going for a 2.5" mandrell system.

As an example I'll be putting a 2.5" mandrell system on mine.

Darren

Thanks

What about spark plugs?

Is there a better type for the mi16??

Neil

Hi Neil, great to hear it's running :)

Yep, I remember the oil guages being the last hassle - getting my rev counter going also drove me mad for a while!

I agree with Peter/Darren re exhaust, certainly no need to go bigger. I'm also just changing my plugs to the Berus - apparently these also work fine in terms of heat-range for both CAT and NON-CAT versions of the motor.

Cheers
Steve